Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2020 - Preview is playing slow

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I get the preview window in premiere elements not working in "real" speed and because of that withoud sound. I tried a lot ... shuttle speed, project settings, rendering. I would like to see the preview with sound in real speed. (After creating a file the output file is fine, only the preview is "out of order".) How can I reset the settings or get this handled?

(Sorry for my bad English)

Thx

Avusdiagonalis

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

There have been posts here where the Audio Hardware setting get changed, perhaps with Windows updates.   If mismatched, the CPU gets too busy with audio and bogs down.  Go to the Audio Hardware setting and play with the choices provided with your computer.  "None" works well!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What system do you have (Windows or MAC), Processor, memory, storage?

I only have an Intel i3-4130 CPU which is rather weak for working with HD clips and the preview often stuttered.  Although Windows & the applications were located on an SSD the clips & project were not.

Then I added a second SSD which is now my working area - and hey presto!  previewing went smoothly.

This is understandable because a project file basically consists of a bunch of pointers into the original clips

and following these links (thus waiting for a hard disc to turn) just takes time.

Thus, if you are not already doing so I'd suggest you put your working directories onto an SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hardware should match the required ... i7, 16GB, NVME SSD with enough free space left. The preview itself works, in highest quality too - but only a little time lapsed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you have a far more suitable system than I have !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(But without a preview in real speed.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A played around. If I start the application as admin ... it works. Is there a way to reset or delete my Premiere Elements user settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been posts here where the Audio Hardware setting get changed, perhaps with Windows updates.   If mismatched, the CPU gets too busy with audio and bogs down.  Go to the Audio Hardware setting and play with the choices provided with your computer.  "None" works well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally I got it. Yeah! For solving the time lapse preview I deleted the file Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs. Now the preview is working how it should. But still I got no sound. I changed the standard input audio device to No Input. Now everything is working fine.

Thx for keeping me motivated to solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"the standard input audio device to No Input."

Well done!  Thanks for replying that the suggestion worked.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines