• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2020 Video Preview Freezes

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project with 4 clips a 3-6gb (1920x1080, 25mbit/s - h.265). Initally playback of the clips works fine. I can switch between the clips over the time line.
After a couple of switches (4-5) the preview videos freeze.
While audio is still replayed. I can still switch the possition. But only the corresponding audio is replayed not the video. Sortly after the application freezes.

Sometimes I get the "media pending screen" or simply black screen ( both for ever)-
but in the Task-Manager/Performance Meter I see there is no read from the harddrive by adobe premiere elements 2020 or any other app.
The application itself is installed on SSD. The to be edited video on a high performance (220mb/s) hdd.
(System is a 32gb of RAM on Intel Core i7 8700, Nvidia 1080 GTX, Windows Defender)

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, all update,
Nvidia updated yesterday Version 456.38
Premiere Elemets 2020 - Updated today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are three settings you can try changing.

In Edit > Preferences > General there is check box for Hardware Acceleration.   Change it to whatever it is not.  Off might work better than on.

In Edit > Preference > Audio Hardware there is a choice for Default Input.  A good choice is None.  Other choices can seem to slow down the audio part of the preview processing.

The last is also in Edit > Preferences > General.  Change the choice for Timeline Render Quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this:
-> Setting Input Audio to none
-> Switching hardware rendering off / on
-> Setting Timeline rendering to High / low
No matter if hw-rendering is enabled or disabled, after a couple of minutes elements 2020 v18 freeze.
The "Editor"-Process captures ~95% of the GPU and won´t stop till manually killed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, since you're editing HEVC video, ensure you have the H.265 codec.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-elements/faq-what-should-i-do-if-premiere-elements-2020-fail...

You'll know you've got it when you add an H.265 clip to your timeline and you DON'T see a yellow orange 'render' line above the clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey many Thanks for your reply. I bought the codec in the microsoft store and installed it... looks like they really need that money.... Yet, after restart of my machine I still got the orange line of death. Which might be related to some other clips codecs from my sony and canon camera (MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0) I added. Thanks again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Installing the MS Store HVEC from the Adobe Help-Page link Adobe Elements 2020 stops replaying h.265 totally. While it stil crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe Elements 2020 stops replaying h.265 totally. While it stil crashes."

You have the current version and that qualifies for an online chat session where techs can remotely run you computer and solve problems.  In the Help menu is a choice for "Online Support".  That will take you to a website where there is a bubble icon in the lower right corner that will initiate a "chat".   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I know the information is a little... short. Being IT-Tech guy for about 30 years. But it doesn´t look like adobe has integrated a halfway decent log, audit, crash or debug mechanism in premiere elements... and the error messages are kind of "generic". "General Error while importing media file" WTF... I wrote shell-scrips with more meaningful error messages 😄 

Having worked through at least 5 different solutions for the same problem on adobes help page... with really strange things like allowing access to hidden system-internal files to "everyone".... I mean... in the early days you bought an video-tool like the movie-machine (1.5kg 40cm Video Card) and it had brought the encoders and decoders with it... unbelievable :D. 
I´ll give the chat a try. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped me to at least being able to see the files again while the crashes resist...

The following steps (provided by Adobe Support - Thanks!!!) solved the Problem:

1. Issue because of Display Drivers – The issue might also occur because of Bad Display Drivers. To resolve the step, try below steps:
    1. Look for below mentioned files on user’s machine:
  1. C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Premiere Elements\18.0\Online\Bad drivers\All_Lang\BD1\BD2\EnableHWAcc.txt
  2. C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Premiere Elements\LocalBadDrivers.txt
    1. If any of the above mentioned files are present, then
  1. Delete the above mentioned files
  2. Delete the media cache

Import the HEVC files in Premiere Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also tried this, which at least brought the media display back... temporarly.
Now, I have permanent "Media Pending" - Elements freeze while 95% gpu - forever.

----------------------------------------------------

search program data and delete the "baddriver.txt" file    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines