Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very good machine IMO

i9-9900K
32GB DDR4
Intel UHD 630 &
Nvidia Quadro P4000 with 8GB RAM

But as soon as I have upgraded to Premiere Elements 2021, I cannot believe how bad the performacne is.

2020-10-28 23_34_13-.png 

First of all it do not support Nvidia Quadro P4000 for GPU accelerated tasks. So it is depended on Intel UHD 630. Premiere 2020 performed better without any acceleration.

I tried both enabling/disabling these options but no luck -

2020102123_31_52Window-ae043963-d314-424f-a88e-2ec03a29d21d-1628540165.png

It also seems like the video rendering time has increased a lot. Timeline playback has huge lag. I have added Premiere Elements exe to use Nvidia 3D but no luck.

I have another laptop, i7 with 16GB RAM and only Intel Graphics. That machine is really struggling to run Premiere Elements 2021.

This is really bad news. When rival applications like Filmora, Power Director are improving performance, this one is stepping backword I assume.

Is there any suggestion I can improve this or should I go back to 2020?

I am willing to beta test my card with this application, so I welcome any hack suggestion to test this for performance improvement.

TOPICS
Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not having your issues and I have an unsupported Nvidia GPU.  Operational speed is the same for me in the two versions.  My typical projects are with 4K source footage. 

You want to work through some of the settings?  Start with Audio Hardware and Timeline Render Quality and Timeline render quality.   What are those settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my footage:

2020-10-29 02_21_21-A-C0186.MP4 Properties.png

This is my Audio Hardware

2020-10-29 02_21_37-Preferences.png

This is my render quality:

2020-10-29 02_21_27-Preferences.png

Performance is really really bad.

Have you ever tried applications like Filmora or Power Director? You will be super surprised with the performance. Sorry to say that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same video card and Premiere Pro 2021 has the same issues. It even forced me to update my video drivers. Playback is choppy and stutters constantly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just come to test PE 2021 and found it very resource hog. It is slow, jittery and sometimes out of sync. It cannot even play cross fade transections without draft rendering. I do not have any supported card, but even with my setup 2020 performed lot better.

This is a bad release like Windows Vista.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phil3d,

I'm not having a lagging or stuttering problem, even in a 4K project.  I suspect some settings or preferences are not right in your set up.   

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. I just bought the new Premiere Elements 2021 and the timeline rendering is atleast 3 times slower than in the 2020 version! Exactly the same video, that took 30 minutes to render in 2020 takes now over 1,5 hours. This is really bad and huge downgrade from previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Teijo5EB2 

Can you please share below details with us:

1. What all GPU does your machine has?

2. Is your PRE is activated?

3. On which OS you are working?

4. What is the RAM on the machine?

Thanks, Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

1. MSI Geforce RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio

2. Yes, it's activated.

3. Windows 10 Home Edition

4. Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB DDR4 @ 2933mhz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have to agree with azadrumana. 2021 just feels more jittery than my old (2018) version. I have a similar machine (Win10-9900KF-64Gb-1660Ti-EVO970).

Playback quality set to High or Auto rarely gets me a smooth timeline. Playback quality set to Medium is frequently smooth but quality is much worse compared to the Automatic setting in 2018.

All in all very disapponted with the performance, especially when comparing to the 3 year older version of 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell us the below information:

1. Are you facing this issue even after rendering the timeline.

2. Is this with any specific effect or transition?

3. Are you facing this issue with every clip or with some specific clip?

Thanks, Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. No, after render it's smooth. However, change one tiny setting in adjustment layer and need to rerender.

2. No, although of course some effects are worse then others this is general behavior.

3. Basically any clip I edit (all at least 4k60fps).

Note: My point being that using the exact same clips and effects in PRE2018 gives better performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that I have someone's attention I did some further testing. A very simple example:

Video Track 1: Disabled (because I like to put things there for reference)

Video Track 2: Clean 4k60 footage - no filters or effects

Video Track 3&4: Empty

Video Track 5: Adjustment Layer - only temperature adjustement

So far so good, preview runs smooth (for now)

Now, I add a simple transform (zoom and move from left to right) to my Video on track 2 and the stuttering starts. I can disable track 5 (Adjustment Layer) and it runs smooth again but both: no go.

Please note that my usual projects involve more tracks with video, gfx, titles and multiple filters in adjustment layer so this is a very bare example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines