• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere elements hangs all the time (MAC OSX)

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I just bought elements premiere 2018 (version 16.0) two weeks ago.

It is installed of both my iMac and my Macbook pro) and both give me the same problem. All software /OS is up-to-date !

Movie editing is OK most of the time !!  although once in a while it just hangs for some reason. (So I save a lot while processing).

Now I started with adding (motion) titles into my movie and this really drives me crazy. It is absolutely not workable anymore. Hangs every few minutes and all I can do is kill the process and start over again.

Any clues???

Thanks

Charles

The NetherlandsScreen Shot 2018-04-02 at 21.38.30.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the computer specifications?

What size and how full is your hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, are you sure you're using OSX and not Mac OS?

Which version of Mac OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Steve,

I am still in the 'Unix' mode. Think that everything that has a base in UNIX, needs an X in the OS name

Nevertheless, you are right, Mac OS (see the specs of my system in the other message

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 17.33.16.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-04 at 17.34.55.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-04 at 17.35.08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See below my specs Bob,

I guess my system is powerful enough.

This is the iMac as you can see. The Macbook pro is the most powerfull edition as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 10.13.4 on a MacBook pro  and I have the 2018 Elements Bundle.  Premiere continually crashes at the worst times. I have it set to save every 5 minutes (after a lot of duress). Still doesn't help. I have to force quit all the time. Just tonight spent an hour, had to force quit and lost everything I had done. Elements Organizer is useless other than importing . The files for the most part, never connect. I am a long time Elements user. This version of both these features is extremely disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a counterpoint, on a Windows 10 machine, Premiere Elements 2018 is doing very well.   Without understanding of Apple systems I would suggest asking for a refund. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here on my brand new MacBook Pro with Premiere Elements 16
Been a long time user of Elements and currently editing a video and finding the software un-workable with crashing every 10 mins... especially if I try to preview a video or apply video effects (pan/zoom).

All softwares up to date, have you managed to find a fix other than setting auto-save to every 5 mins?

Cheers,

Dean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue for me. Any time I try to add an effect (e.g. pan/zoom) the application freezes and I need to do a force quit. Seriously frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just looking at the Force Close window, you can see that a lot of other big programs are open, and the first place to start, is to close everything but Prenier Elements. (I have a MacBook Pro.) Both Outlook and Word can gobble up memory. Google Chrome can also be very busy all the time while it's open. So, close everything; re-start, your MacBook and just open PRE, and if you need some of those other programs, open just as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FCBCharly, I have the same version of PRE on my MacBook Pro with the same OS as yours. The problem with animated text is that while it works fine once added to a video, adding animated text and text in general to PRE, whether you have a Mac or Windows (...or a Jupiter Ace...), is awkward to work with. (Working with still text isn't much easier.) What I've found to work best is to: 1) plan ahead, 2) get all of your videos and other assets in the Project Assets window before putting them on the Timeline, 3) Frequently save and render, and 4) do one step at a time. Added features like Pan/Zoom will work fine as well, but you need to add those features while not jumping back and forth with other additions and changes. Well planned works best with PRE and MacBook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines