Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements, Iphone XS video import

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have about had it with the continuous amount of times i've tried and failed to import a video taken in, '4k 60fps' on my Iphone XS into Adobe Premiere Elements 2019. Can someone please help me with this error:

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from Premiere Pro to Premiere Elements... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

I don't have an iPhone, but I think 4Kp60 is an HEVC or H.265 codec.  It is common on only the newest iPhones and a few drones but not universal.  If you are on a Windows 10 computer, the codec is not there.  If you are on an iOS computer it is there.  Adobe does not support H.265.   Apple apparently does include it, so if editing with Premiere Elements on a Mac, it should work.

You may need to shoot at a lower frame rate and codec on your phone, maybe convert the video to H.264 with the (free)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an iPhone, but I think 4Kp60 is an HEVC or H.265 codec.  It is common on only the newest iPhones and a few drones but not universal.  If you are on a Windows 10 computer, the codec is not there.  If you are on an iOS computer it is there.  Adobe does not support H.265.   Apple apparently does include it, so if editing with Premiere Elements on a Mac, it should work.

You may need to shoot at a lower frame rate and codec on your phone, maybe convert the video to H.264 with the (free) Handbrake program or get different editing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the insights. I just edited the video in my phone with imovie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

imovie on your phone is a perfect solution for HEVC video.  I'm going to remember that for future discussions!

When you make a video with imovie, are there output choices other than HEVC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines