Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere elements - waveform monitor/vectorscope

Explorer ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using premeire elements 13, I haven't seen any updates since I first bought PE 13 that seemed to warrant upgrading, but I would certainly do so if it were necessary to accomplish what I want to do.

Anyway, some quick background to my question: I worked for many years in NYC as a video editor in a linear editing suite. Every single piece of equipment was a separate, stand alone unit.

Fast forward to today and most of what I used to do in the $500k room in which I worked is now available in very inexpensive software. The only thing I'm missing in PE has been a waveform monitor and vectorscope, so that I can accurately monitor and adjust brightness levels and colors. I'm happy enough with the tools provided in PE to make color and level adjustments, I would just like to be able to guage those adjustments using a wfm/vectorscope.

I'm aware the these are provided in premiere pro but for what I'm doing I really don't need the pro version. Does anyone know of any 3rd party wfm/vectorscope software I can use that will accept the clips I work with in PE? I've found a couple (Multiscope, Scope Box) that provide wfm/vectorscope software for live video capture but I'm only interested in using this kind of software in post-production.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks and best,

Erik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erik,

In a half dozen years of reading this forum, I've never seen reference to anything like what you are looking for. 

Good luck with your search and projects.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

thanks. Yeah I've checked around with a few software providers and it doesn't look good. Seems like there might be an option for people using Linux but that doesn't help in my case.

Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's definitely a more professional feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines