Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview is repeating few frames after burning DVD Premiere Elements 13

Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your prompt response.

I have done as you advised and I have managed to burn a DVD as well as an ISO image.

Just one small point. On the disc preview all the stop and start markers work fine but when I burn the DVD some of the scene markers are showing a couple of frames from the previous clip. Why is this? I have placed the scene markers a couple of frames from the beginning of the clip so I don't understan why this happens. Is there an optimum place to put the scene marker so that it doesn't show a frame from the previous clip?

Regards,

Don

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Don,

I am glad that with @Steve Grisetti's advice you were able to fix your first issue. However, I am branching this discussion separately as this is a second concern that you have. It will make it easier for our experts to help you better.

• Do you get the same preview when you export the file and save it on your computer instead of burning a DVD with it?

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried saving it to a file just a DVD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beyond Shivangi's suggestion, I would suspect that this is related to our source video.

Did your original video come from a camcorder?

Some modern formats -- particularly phone video that uses H.265 compression or variable frame rate -- could produce this issue in older versions of the program. We can explore that if you'd like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original video is from DVDs, which are made up of analogue camcorder footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use Premiere Elements to rip the files from your disc or did you use a different program? Was your source video still in the VOB format when you added it to your project?

Also, we're assuming the DVD was a home-burned disc and that you're not ripping video from a commercial, copy-protected DVD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I used Premiere Elements to rip the files from the DVDs ( there was more than one) and the source video was still in VOB format when I added it to the project.

They are home-burned discs not commercial ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I have no idea what's going on, don.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for trying anyway. It's not critiical as the DVD is just a back up of some of my camcorder tapes. I was just curious as to why the break up didn't occur on the preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines