• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems scaling UI Premiere Elements

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've a problem with the scaling of the UI of Premiere Elements 2020. I've got a new pc, with the resolution 1920x1200. Before i had no issues, i had a pc with resolution 1920x1080. The strange thing is that photoshop elements is scaling the program right, but premiere elements zooms till 200% or so what. When i change the resolution to 1920x1080, the program is scaling right. I contacted the Adobe helpdesk, but they didn't find a solution. Are there others with the same problem? Is there anyone who found a solution? I would like to use the program in the normal resolutionscreen.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This sounds weird. I understand when you scale the screen resolution to 1920x1200, it zooms Premiere Elements 2020 by 200%. Am I correct? 

Ideally, it should not happen. Have you considered reinstalling the application?

Let us know. We're here to help.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for youre reply. I bought the XPS 15 9500, and installed Premiere Elements with a clean installation of Windows 10. I tried several times to reinstall, and even installed Premiere Elements 2019, with no succes. When I change the resolution to 1920x1080 the scaling is right, but when i change it to 1920x1200 the user interface is far to big. Windows is telling that the zoom is still 125%, but the result is a much bigger zoom. I contacted adobe support, they took over my pc, but couldn't fix the problem.

I found out that when i change the high dpi scaling override to system (Enchanced), the scaling is right, but the interface is extremely buggy, so that's no solution too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option with high dpi scaling override: buttons are missing, other options with scaling don't work

system (enchanged).jpg

1920x1200: too big interface

1920x1200.jpg

1920x1080: right interface, but i have to change the whole resolution of my system, there are black site above and beneath the screen

1920x1080.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an ultra high resolution monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's a laptop with the resolution 1920x1200

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why that would be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue with an ultra high wide screen resolution monitor. Not sure how to fix this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines