Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Assets won't show + audio won't play

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

I'm using Premiere Elements 14 and I'm having several issues. I'll display a couple of them with a screen shot.

Adobe Premiere Issues.PNG

First, my Project Assets won't show. As you can see I have it clicked open to display content, but nothing is showing. I've tried this on a New project with no content whatsoever and I'm still encountering the same problem.

Second, some audio is not playing in my projects (see the where the Timeline Marker is). It plays just fine on my computer, but when I put it in the project it's not playing at all. Sometimes when all of the audio is working fine in my project then I'll go to render it but then the final product will have the audio cut off at a certain point for the rest of the project or not even play at all to begin with.

Not sure if these issues are hard drive related as I've used up almost all of my 476GB of space on my local disk drive, and had a new drive put on my computer last week that's used as a network drive. Not sure if it's related to that, but ever since then this has been happening.

What should I do? Should I just go back to using the original drive or what?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean use the original drive and try to free up space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A full hard drive (or one nearly full with lots of fragmented files) could certainly prevent the program from completely displaying.

What processor do you have with how much RAM? How much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your hard drive?

Your audio playback issue is likely just a preference set wrong. You clearly do have audio in your project, as evidenced by the waveforms on your timeline. So you need to go to Edit/Preferences and play with your Audio Hardware settings.

That's assuming the issue isn't also related to a lack of hardware resources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Steve,

Thanks for replying to my issue. Here's the info for my computer, including the processor:

And here's the specified Audio Clip Properties:

Audio Clip Properties.PNG

Along with my current Audio Hardware Settings:

(Input):Audio Hardware Settings Input.PNG

(Output):

Audio Hardware Settings.PNG

I didn't have the 32-bit Playback on before but either way I'm still encountering the same issues.

I also tried freeing up over 50GB of memory and I'm still getting the same issue in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also just checked the box for my Speakers (Turtle Beach P11 Headset) as it said I at least needed an Output source, but I don't think that's related to the problem. Still having the same issues regardless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried enabling your speakers in the Audio Hardware preferences? Play around with these settings. Try checking different things. And double-check your Windows sound configuration.

Do you have headphones, a headset or a USB microphone of any kind attached to your computer? That could be contributing to your audio issues.

50 gigs of free space may be a bit tight, especially if you've got fragmentation on your hard drive. So that could be keeping the program from fully deploying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've enabled all the boxes and have adjusted the buffering settings to the minimum and maximum range, but still having the same problems.

I do have a USB headset currently attached to my computer and it's playing audio just fine for everything else except that one clip.

Here are my drives. I changed the settings to Optimize Weekly. It optimizes the C drive but not the System Reserved.

Defrag.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to check a speaker option in the program's Audio Hardware/Output preferences.

But first, you need to unplug that USB audio device.

I'm not sure why your program isn't completely deploying, based on what you've told me. It's difficult to chase two separate issues in the same thread.

Try downloading and installing the free trial of Premiere Elements 2018 and see if you get the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether I plug in the headset or not, the audio still won't play. It's still just a blank waveform.

I understand it's difficult, but again I appreciate the continued efforts in trying to helping me resolve the issue.

I'm actually using this software for work and it was purchased by my company. Should I talk to them about purchasing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if I installed a trial version of 18, would it overwrite 14 and would I lose all the work I did on my projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. It's separate installation

However, some of the common files it installs MIGHT fix some of the problems you're having with your version of the program.

But that's a separate issue. For now, see if version 2018 works for you. (Make sure you start a new project. Don't try to open your version 14 project in version 2018 or it may cause other problems.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So am I essentially restarting some of the projects I've been working on? Some of those projects took a lot of work and it'd be kind of a bummer to start them over, but if I have to I will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's weird because I put the audio into a different project and it works just fine.

Same for the Project Assets panel. When I start a new project and give it a name before I start (with all the same settings I had with all the other videos) the panel won't show me my assets. Yet when I don't name it (and leave it as the default My Project 1) the panel pulls up just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I installed a trial version of 2018 and the problem still persists in 14, unless you wanted me to do the entire project over in 18?

Is there a way to take my entire project in 14 (with all the edits I've made and footage I've pieced together, basically all the progress I've made) and transfer it to a new project name and resume working on it from there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As in a 14 project with all the progress I've made over to a new project in 14 and resume from there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you build a project in version 2018 without the problems you're experiencing in version 14?

It doesn't have to be a huge epic. Just add some media files to your timeline and see if the program works without the issues you described above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I didn't encounter any of the same problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the same clips are playing just fine in version 2018, I'd say your problem is most likely your Audio Hardware configuration in version 14, as I suggested earlier.

In fact, I don't know what else it could be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would that explain the Project Assets panel not displaying though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know any reason why Project Assets won't open for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines