• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project is not compatible with current version - even so it was saved an hour ago

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a iMac with OS X 10.14.1 (18B75) (= Mojave).

Even so I do not know whether that is part of the problem, I will try to describe it here.

Since a while I experience situations, that I save a project with Adobe Premiere Elements 14 and an hour later I cannot open it anymore.

The software tells me: "This project is not compatible with the current version of Premiere Elements". Even the autosaved project file would refuse to work for me with the same (damned) message.

Sometimes it would help, that I opened a backed up project file (several month old) to work on the project again.

Any hints or help from anybody??

Message screen (in German):

Adobe Premiere Elements_not compatibl.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

I guess you (Peru Bob) are right with your statement: it may be a MOJAVE- and/or AFPS-problem. My system did not get converted to AFPS with High-Sierra, but with Mojave.

Findings: I figured out, that the problem does NOT affect all my project files.

It shows up as open, save and try to reopen large project files (approx. 1:15h). As I go thru the test with small projects, the problem das not appear.

I do not know, how to handle my next vacation video !?!?

By the way, Bob: I completely reinstalled PE-

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only time I've seen posts here with that issue is when the project started with another version.  Did the project start with any other version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the project was edited with that version of Adobe Premiere Elements.

As I mentioned in my post: I just closed the project an hour before and try to reopen it.

Best regards and thanks,

Harald

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to try reinstalling Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

I already reinstalled the software. I even installed the Trial-Version of Premiere Elements 2019 and got the some message.

Please note: when I went back to a fairly older backup of the PRE-file > that works for me.

Then I safe it and cannot reopen the project. Strange ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be a Mojave issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess you (Peru Bob) are right with your statement: it may be a MOJAVE- and/or AFPS-problem. My system did not get converted to AFPS with High-Sierra, but with Mojave.

Findings: I figured out, that the problem does NOT affect all my project files.

It shows up as open, save and try to reopen large project files (approx. 1:15h). As I go thru the test with small projects, the problem das not appear.

I do not know, how to handle my next vacation video !?!?

By the way, Bob: I completely reinstalled PE-14 (no solution) and I installed the new version (PE-2019) and experienced the same problem.

Thanks to anyone !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines