• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions about Premiere Elements 2018 - 4K, 60p to 24p conversion, music and audio synch?

Participant ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I think I'm about to upgrade from PE11 to PE2018 and I'd like to ask you experts here if 2018 can do these?

1) Can it handle 4K input, output and using 4K video for PAN & SCAN to output in 1080p? My PE11 cannot handle pan & scan it seems.

2) How does it edit 4K? Does it make small proxie files or something or is it showing the actual 4K video clip when we work on it? Asking as it can be a memory hog.

3) I prefer the look of 24p for final output. If I shoot in 60p in case I want to do slow-mo and then choose to save as 24p, will it be a smooth and good conversion to 24p and have that filmic look I desire? If not, then why am I shooting in 60p?

4) Does PE2018 have filters I can use to color time the video clips? It would be great to give it filmic looks and even better if there were some preset filters so I don't have to color time manually every time.

5) Are the titles (still or motion) good enough to give Adobe After Effects a run for it's money? Meaning, will PE2018 allow for creation, or does it have templates, of professional looking titles?

6) How does it auto generate music soundtracks? Can it auto generate sountracks to the exact length of the video? Or do I need to edit to a specific audio clip length? Does it work with third party sites or software to get music (i.e. how can I find more music choices)? Will it remix music that I import in? If there any webpage that explains how this all works? I'd like to understand how to get good music in the background of my videos.

7) Dialogue audio sync plugin? I understand that some 'high end editing software' may use Pluraleyes or some other plugin that will sync the audio of my video to clean, loud and clear audio taken from an external recorder so it matches up perfectly. Will Pluraleyes work with PE2018? Is there an easy and accurate way to do this?

PS: I saw some of the features I asked about described briefly on the PE2018 product feature page. But my question is for more detail and whether I can get professional looking results rather than "home video" looking results.

Thanks in advance,

Ronald

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Yes. Although you should have a computer that rates at least 8000-10000 in these benchmark tests to edit 4k. PassMark Intel vs AMD CPU Benchmarks - High End

2) It edits the actual files.

3) Yes. The program does a fine job of interpolate frames.

4) I don't know what "color time" means. Although the program can color correct and color grade.

5) I would not compare Premiere Elements to After Effects.

6) Scores creates music tracks at whatever duration you indicate. Music scores Learn Premiere Elements Adobe TV - YouTube

7) There is no auto dialog sync or multicam editing.

But don't take my word for it. Download the free trial and give it a test drive. Check out the free tutorials on YouTube (especially mine ). Check out my complete course on lynda.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2.  In addition to what Steve wrote, it has an internal system of generating "previews" in the background during editing.  I've been using it for 4K video footage and it is "smooth" on an i7 computer with 16 GB of RAM.

5.  In addition to what Steve wrote, the titling system is thorough, has a lot of choices and plenty of options. 

6.  In addition to what Steve wrote, you have the option of easily using any music from any legitimate source.  You are not limited to the internal soundtrack generating system.

7.  In addition to what Steve wrote, their website says "PluralEyes is a standalone application, not a plug-in, so its results work with every video editor. PluralEyes imports video and audio clips, syncs them, and then exports media files that can be used anywhere."   In most cases separate audio and video tracks can be lined up manually.  If not, there is a method explained here:  Syncing Audio with Video Premier Elements.mpg - YouTube .   Steve is correct, there are no multi camera sync tools, but tracks from multiple cameras can be put on separate video tracks.

(Steve's course on Lynda.com is excellent!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines