• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RE: Announcing the release of Premiere Elements 2019

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about a list of features/capabilities hat are either removed or hampered in 2019.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No features have been "hampered or removed" since version 2018.

For a list of new features, see my link in the post you referred to.

Announcing the release of Premiere Elements 2019!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW, another year and another let down,

Not ONE reason to update to the new version,

Not even one....

Very Sad.

So sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stever26434147  wrote

Not ONE reason to update to the new version,

Curiosity is killing me.  What features (reasons for update)  are you looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently own: Premiere Pro (Old version) Premiere Elements, Corel VideoStudio and PowerDirector

All have their place in my video editing.

But to answer:

What features (reasons for update)  are you looking for?

Too many to mention, but a few main ones.

#1 GPU assist rendering, Why can't it use my 1080 to help render faster

#2 Better Warp stabilizer like Mercalli 4.0 (I do own that, but a build in would be nice, and it's much better than Warp Stabilizer)

#3 Don't get me started on better color control, can I get an auto color that doesn't fade in and out ever few seconds?

#4 Where is a good White balance feature?

#5 MORE Effects - have you seen all of the effect plug ins that Corel VideoStudio or even PowerDirect has.

#6 Faster encoding like PowerDirector, Much faster with my ThreadRipper 2 (See #1)

#7 No more guided tours, who even used those? You are wasting time developing these when you could be adding better features

You can go to YouTube to learn ANYTHING you need for this program.

#8. No more quick edits, do people really need some this this basic, again waste of programmer time

#9 Better TEXT control and effects - current ones are so lame and basic

#10 Stop making Premiere Elements your red-headed step child and invest some into more features.

#11 Sell a full version of Premiere Pro that I can buy and not pay a subscription for. I REFUSE to pay MicroSoft or Adobe a monthly fee for ANYTHING! so I am stuff using an outdated version of Premiere Pro that I fully own.

#12 Have you even seen all of the stuff that comes with Corel Video Studio Ultimate and it's cheaper than Premiere Elements, seriously, go look at the Premium plug in package.

What NEW feature in Premiere Elements do you think is worth the upgrade price for that is not in my other software?

Sad, very sad, I every year I get excited for the update and every year I am disappoint.

Saying all of that I do own four versions of Premiere Element including 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting list.  I won't argue with any of your items.  

With four versions of Premiere Elements, when do you use them and when do you use the others?

For me, the basic workflow of a "home video" works well in Premiere Elements.  I've tried a couple of others and found them too complex or lacking for what I do.   Each may have features I like, but in actual practice I don't need or use those features. 

From my point of view, the new features I like are about variable frame rates and better iPhone tools. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do use Premiere Elements 2018 80% of the time, it's not perfect, but easy edits for my YouTube videos (I have almost 1000 videos on YouTube)

Premiere Pro (older version) I use when I need perfect color control and white balance

Corel Video Studio I use when I need one of the awesome plugins or 1000x of effects that is included for free in the Ultimate version

PowerDirector I use with I am doing a QUICK edit, like adding an end screen to a video, it's renders the FASTEST because it does try to encode frames that had nothing done to them

So I use all four depending on my need.

For Adobe - I would still BUY a New Premiere Pro version if there was a full buy version, I won't pay a monthly fee,

I would rather speed a few hundred and use the program for a few years. Still using CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stever....

It is interesting to me that you suggest Premiere Elements to be the easier, universal choice most of the time. 

Please post your YT channel.  I would love to see your work!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"... No features have been "hampered or removed" since version 2018 ..."

That doesn't quite agree with your answer in a previous question:

Re: Directly Start Premiere Elements 2019 Video Editor

I too don't like a dumbed down entry screen to PE (or PS).  I want to be able to go directly to a link that will directly and quickly launch the program.  (I do not use the Organizer --I have my own data schema for storing videos and photos.

Having just purchased PrE/PsE 15 after using PrE/PsE 10 for many years, i guess is will be a while before I switch to a newer version.

It is totally amazing that with all of the improvements, additions, and changes that user have been requesting Adobe Product/Sales people continually waste development time and money on breaking 'stuff' that has worked well for years.

Any way we could get a link (similar to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 15\WelcomeScreen\Adobe Premiere Elements 15.exe") so we could create our own desktop icon to launch the program directly without the current clunky landing screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was so LET DO by the lack of noticeable updates I have started to look at other software.

DaVinci Resolve and Pinnacle Studio are both looking like nice options to add to my gallery of video editors.

If you shot in 1080P Premiere Elements is too bad encoding if you have a decide computer.

Today I exported a 1080 video 11 minutes long in under 4 minutes, But that's with an overclocked Threadripper 2950x

But I records in 4K normally.

Waiting to see what Corel Videostudio puts out next.

PowerDirect had a pretty weak update this year also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines