Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-installing - forgot S/N

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I bought Premiere Elements a few years ago. I just changed computers and have to install a bunch of programs again. PE asks me for the serial number, but I can't find it anywhere. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Adobe: Creative, marketing and document management solutions (adobe.com) and log in. Click on the Manage Account button.

On the page that opens, click the Plans & Product tab. On the page that that opens, click on Product: View Your Products.

This page will show you every product you've registered and its activation number.

Note that you are only allowed two activations per products -- so you may need to de-activate an old installation in order to activate a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. The problem is that it is not registered under my email or any other possible email address I could have used. I spoke with Adobe, they can't get the serial number and they sent me to Amazon, which is where I bought it. Amazon says they don't keep this info (they checked based on my order number) and sent me to Adobe... you see where this is going.

I asked them if there is any info I can get from the installed copy on the older computer that would help me or them to get the serial number... and they said it's not possible.

So now, even though I bought it and can legally install it on this new computer, I basically lost the program because I lost the box it came in five years ago. I imagine this situation happens occasionally and I'd expect Adobe to have a better solution than basically no solution at all...

If anyone has any other ideas please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you didn't register the product under your Adobe logon and you didn't keep the serial number, your only option is to re-buy the program.

You don't say which version of the program you're trying to install, but pre-2018 versions of the program can be had cheaply on Amazon and eBay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines