• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-open a saved project, a unknown error occurred while opening the project.

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have made several videos now in Adobe Premiere Elements and all of them have this same issue.

I can start a new project, import, edit and export project. But if I do not finish it in one sitting ; if I save it and close the program, upon reloading the program it will not re open I have tried all of my back up's and the auto saves, I continue to get the error - a unknown error occurred while opening the project. I have the slightest idea of what to do . Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Premiere Elements are you using on what operating system?

What steps are you using to open the project? Which menus are you selecting what from? And what exactly do you see when you do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premiere Elements 2018 and Windows 10.

I have tried several different ways to open the projects, I have went into the software and selected open recent, selected open and found the file, and went directly to it in the file system and had the file open the software. All of the files I am trying to open are .prel and when the open starts it does a small loading screens and pops up the error message - a unknown error occurred while opening the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd recommend you contact Adobe via chat. They'll better be able to help you troubleshoot this strange issue.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines