• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red frames makes Premiere Elements 2018 useless ...

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I just purchased the Adobe Premiere Elements 2018, but the appearance of red frames (mostly in the rendered result but also in the timeline) makes it utterly useless.

In search results online, I´ve seen a lot of discussions, talks and solutions to older Premiere Pro similar problems, but have found no solution to the Premiere Elements 2018. I can see that other people have the same problem with older versions of Premiere Elements, but their questions are unanswered.

Can anyone help me? It seems to be a common problem in Premiere Pro, and fixable with turning off "accelerated h.264 decoding" but I can't find that solution in Elements 2018.

Of course this problem makes my purchase completely useless, with final products with the screen going 100% red several times.

I have tried checking the original files: there are no problem with them and extremely old progtams such as Windows Movie Maker 2011 can handle them fine, and renders them fine.

Please help?

Kind regards

SimoMika

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open one of your original videos in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set the View menu to Text and then copy and paste the report it generates to this forum.

Once we know what the specs of your source footage are, we'll be better able to advise you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just regular .mov footage in HD 1920x1080 60 fps, 120 fps and 240 fps from an iPhone 6. It has always worked with Windows Movie Maker etc. Further information will not help you, I'm afraid. I've tried a lot of different source material, convertions, formats etc. No change. I've also tried to render it differently (frame rate, bit rate, resolution etc. etc. in many different combinations).

The red frames appear randomly in the finished rendering. Sometimes more and sometimes less. I've heard it is/has been a common problem in Premiere Pro. And seen others report it for Premiere Elements. But not seen any solutions. But it leaves the whole purchase pointless ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOVs can be made up of any number of codecs, including H.265. Premiere Elements does not support 120 fps and 240 fps frame rates.

So we will still need to see a MediaInfo report on your video in order to make a recommendation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Are you still facing the same issue? Thanks for your input @Steve.

Let us know if the issue reoccurs.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines