Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red Screen and Freezing

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Experts!

I am experiencing several issues on my new Premier Elements installation. It works fine until I try to view in the preview screen and then I get either a red screen, a black screen, a grey screen or the whole thing just freezes.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Richard

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing more, my first guess would be you might need to update your video driver.  You've said nothing about the video sources or your computer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has a Radeon RX580 Graphics Card. I updated the drivers just last night. These are videos that I made with a Panasonic Lumix FZ300 DSLR. I can play movies on it from other sources with no problems if that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The computer is a Dell 27 7000 all in one with 16GB of RAM and a 1 TB SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given that, I would suggest you use Adobe's online support through a "chat" session.  Start it by finding "Online Support" in the Help menu.  That will take you to a website.  In the lower right corner is an "bubble" icon.  Normally it can be fairly efficient, but in our extraordinary time right now, you may need to be patient.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try that but it answers before I can even finish what I'm entering. Looks like just a different way to search the databases. Is there a way to call and actually talk with a human being?  If not I'll try after the website again after this. Adobe is in a mood now where it won't even launch from the opening splash page. The only way to go forward is to reboot the whole computer

Thanks and Be Well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can Google for a phone number, but they can't do much because they can't see your screen.  Go here and click on where the arrow points:  https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines