Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save a custom title in premier elements 2020

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I'm using premier elements 2020. Once I've edited a title, is it possible to save that as a new template? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Premiere Elements forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you can't save it directly as a template.  There are two "workarounds".  Maybe more!

If it is a complex title, you can dedicate it to a project using "Save As".  Then open that saved project as a starting point for a new video.  

The other is to use the work area bars and output only the title to use as footage in the next project. 

I'm sure you know that within a project, you can reuse the title as a template by making copies withing the media panel.   Then slide the copy to the timeline and you can edit it from there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, this was really helpful! Sorry for delayed response but have been working on the project!!😂😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, you can save your edited title as a new title. After editing -> click on save as new title -> It will start reflecting under custom titles. (Refer below image)

Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 3.56.40 PM.png

Let me know if this helped.

Thanks,

Thanks, Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow thank you for this!! That's really helpful!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gaurav, old thread but I have a question. I was able to use this feature once and I still have the custom title. However, now the button to 'Create New Title' is no longer at the bottom of that editing section. Do you know why it was removed?

APE2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if it's Classic Title, then you can save that title as physical file in your computer. File is going to be created with prtl extension. Later on you can import that file which would be customizable. 

Mohammad_Tahseen_0-1589277586186.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant!± That's great really helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines