• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save As... crashes Premiere Elements 2019

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements 2019 (Windows 10) crashes when I click "Save As..."  Clicking "Save" works,  but I want to save my project in various stages so I can go back to a previous version. When I click "Save As..." the Windows Explorer window begins to paint but doesn't finish. Everything just stops, and I get the "not responding" message at the top of the window. All I can do at that point is force it to close and restart my Surface Pro computer. I found posts from Adobe Premiere Pro users frustrated with the same problem. Is anyone here experiencing this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Once we get beyond the user tools and interface, this forum of users can run out of specific suggestions.  That included me!

As the owner of a current version, you have access to Adobe's customer care via chat.  They can go so far as to run your computer remotely and identify issues at the operating system level. 

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 2019 Save As function works on my Windows 10 laptop.  Premiere Pro and Premiere Elements are not related in any way except branding.  The developers are different people and the code is not shared. 

Could you be running short of disk space?  Are you renaming the file? 

If that doesn't work, you could use Windows Explorer to copy and rename to another folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I'm new to Premiere Elements, and I've found the people on this forum to be amazingly helpful.

I have 200GB free disk space. I've run DISM and found no disk (SSD) health issues. I don't get the chance to rename the file. I just click Save as... and the dialogue box begins to paint, doesn't finish, and freezes with "not responding" at the top. I was curious if whether it might be related to number of user objects? I think Windows 10 manages file handles differently than Windows 7 or earlier. Otherwise I'd try increasing that number. The project has about 200 photos and 3 songs. Total time line is 13 minutes. I wouldn't call it "very large."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once we get beyond the user tools and interface, this forum of users can run out of specific suggestions.  That included me!

As the owner of a current version, you have access to Adobe's customer care via chat.  They can go so far as to run your computer remotely and identify issues at the operating system level. 

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied the project ".prel" to a new file, and all seems well so far. Thanks for the help and the suggestion to chat with Customer Care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe customer support reached out to me after my post about the issue. He scheduled a time to call me and troubleshoot the problem, but it's no longer happening. Save as... works every time now, with no problems.

Thanks all, and happy video editing. The more I learn about Premiere Elements 2019, the more I like it.

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines