• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shake reduction affecting side bars

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have digitized 8mm cine films which import to Premiere Elements 2019 with black bars either side of the image.  When I try to use Shake Reduction it makes the edge between the image and the black bars noticeably unstable and wavy.  I imagine this would not be so noticeable if the image filled the screen.  I have tried various advanced settings but can't avoid this unwanted effect.  Can you suggest a way to overcome this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Thanks Steve,

I want to avoid the clip I am adjusting looking different to the others around it and have found a solution which is a modification of what you suggest above.  First, zoom in slightly to reduce the width of the black bars.  Then apply the shake reduction (without crop).  Then zoom back out and using "FX: Transform: Crop", bring the bars back in to their normal width, hiding the wavy edge.  Thus there is minimal loss of image and the standard appearance is maintained.  I thought I wo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution I can think of is to enlarge your video so that it fills the frame side-to-side -- which means you're going to lose some of the top and/or bottom.

If you can see the edges of the video, you'll see the movement during shake reduction. That's just the nature of shake reduction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve,

I want to avoid the clip I am adjusting looking different to the others around it and have found a solution which is a modification of what you suggest above.  First, zoom in slightly to reduce the width of the black bars.  Then apply the shake reduction (without crop).  Then zoom back out and using "FX: Transform: Crop", bring the bars back in to their normal width, hiding the wavy edge.  Thus there is minimal loss of image and the standard appearance is maintained.  I thought I would just share this with you and anyone else who may be interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines