• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharpness loss

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import the images and render the video, there is always loss of sharpness.

How can I keep my sharpness? See picture for the difference.

Google Earth (originel):

Knipsel-forum0.JPG

Before render (in Premiere):

Knipsel-forum1.JPG

After render (in Premiere) lost sharpness:

Knipsel-forum2.JPG

After export from Premiere (in AVI):

Knipsel-forum3.JPG

TOPICS
Performance , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look under the Edit menu. What is listed on the General page under Project Settings? It is your project settings, not the resolution of your photos, that determine the resolution of your final video.

Also, where are you judging the sharpness? It is in the preview window of the program? That is just a preview and what it shows may not be what your final video will look like. 

The sharpness and clarity of your movie is a combination of a) the resolution of your original photo or video, b) your project settings, and c) the resolution of your final output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See supplemented info for the settings.
I assess the sharpness in the final result (after the export), but before rendering there is still a sharp image and after rendering it is no longer (also not after the export).

Project setings:

Knipsel-forum4.JPG

Details JPG (before loading in Premiere):

Knipsel-forum5.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pim5D31 

Your image resolution is 2425 X 1698 (Non standard resolution)

and Project setting has a resolution of 1920 X 1080.

Issue is there because of mismatch in project resolution and Image resolution.

You can try to create a project with higher resolution and also try to export in high resolution. It might resolve the issue.

Thanks, Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, it looks like you're judging the quality based on what you're seeing in the preview panel.

Have you tried outputting 1920x1080 MP4 and comparing it to your original photo?

As Gaurav says, there is a difference in resolution so it won't look as perfectly clear as your original photo. But a 1920x1080 video should look every bit as good as a 1920x1080 photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the explanations. I judge the end result (after export) and nothing in Premiere itself. But I'm starting to get through with the resolution thanks to the tips. And not only for a JPG but also for a MOV or MP4. I now set all settings (also for Premiere in OBS) to 1920x1080.
Knipsel-forum9.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je project settings zijn incorrect. 1080i (hetgeen betekent interlaced) Dit moet 1080 progressief zijn.

Let wel wij leven in PAL-land dus OBS in 25 of 50 fps instellen en let ook op dat deze in constante framerate staat.

Avi is ook niet eerste keuze wat betreft export. Kies een mp4 export setting.

Images met veel detail (zoals bovenstaand) worden vaak naar export iets waziger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Can you indicate where I can find this setting:

in Premiere: switch projectsetting: 1080 instead of 1080i.
in OBS setting: constant frame rate.

What I could find in OBS is 25PAL / 50PAL fps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot switch project settings: have to start over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ann Bens mentioned you can not switch the project settings in between and you have to start over.

I can mention step about how to change settings when you start a new project.

1. New Project

2. Change settings

3. Choose the preset you ant

4. If you want that settings not to change then click on Force this setting checkbox

5. Click ok

Thanks, Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines