• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smartsound missing how do I reinstall Elements 11?

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got Adobe Premier Elements 11. Wanting to access Smartsound. I've downloaded the zip file as per instructions and navigated to Step 4, Smartsound, but Sept 5 instructs me to double click setup.exe -- which doesn't appear in the dropdown. Various other mentions of setup in the dropdown (that don't work) but no setup.exe. I'm now getting a little "Use smartsound" box in the music panel when I open Elements 11 but that sends me back to square one -- instructing me to install Smartsound. I've gone round this loop three times now. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements hasn't used SmartSound in years, so I'm not sure how much support you'll get from Adobe or SmartSound.

But make sure you have the last version of version 11 downloaded. SmartSound Quicktracks should not be a separate installation. It should automatically install when you install the program.

Download Adobe Premiere Elements 13, 12, 11, 10, and 9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve for your help. I'm wrestling this every inch of the way. I've

downloaded Premier Elements 13 and in my efforts to install I'm being told

my serial number (24 digits off the disc package inside my Elements 11 box)

is incorrect. It isn't. I've picked Elements 13 off the list you sent, but

should I have stayed with Elements 11? Is that where I've gone wrong?

. . . .Richard

On Sat, Apr 28, 2018 at 10:40 PM, Steve Grisetti <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your serial number is version specific. eg, a version 11 serial number will not work with version less than 11 and it will not work for a version greater than or equal to 12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve. I picked Elements 13 from the list you supplied, but then hit

problems when my serial number (from Elements 11) was invalid. So, I've

downloaded Elements 11, which I presume is an updated version than the disc

I own from years back, otherwise no point. I get to the Install Wizard

which says it will uninstall the program from my computer. NO NO NO!

Geez this is confusing. Do I uninstall the program I've got (off my disc)

from my computer and install a new one from these downloaded files? And

what of my serial number? And do I have to fire up my old computer and

uninstall the program from there before it'll let me install on my new

laptop?

. . . .Richard

On Sat, Apr 28, 2018 at 10:40 PM, Steve Grisetti <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are trying to work with a version that is six years old.  Much changes.  Your purchased serial number applies to the version you bought then.  Don't expect such old software to work now on current systems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Richard, I reviewed your account and you have a multiplatform license for both Photoshop and Premiere Elements 11.  Information on how to locate your registered serial numbers can be found at Find your serial number .

As Kglad, indicated in message #4, the serial number will only work for the version and language which you purchased.  I am not positive that the language you have will work with the installation files available at Download Adobe Premiere Elements 13, 12, 11, 10, and 9 .  While we do have the English - Universal version available you have the English Asia Pacific language for both software titles.  I do not believe the EAP language serial number will be accepted.

Please locate the installation media provided with your purchase, Richard.  If the current computer does not have an optical drive then you will need to transfer the installation files onto a USB with a computer which does have an optical drive.  The installation files provided will be for the English Asia Pacific language and will work with your registered serial numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines