• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text editing

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I save a photo with type, It appears I can not reopen and edit the text. Is that correct or am I doing somthing wrong?

Thanks

Rodney

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes & No

If you save the image as a JPG, then it is stored as a series of pixels and you can't then edit the text.

If you create a text layer and save the image as a PSD file then the next time you load the image you should be able to edit the text layer.

If you need further help, can you please tell us which version of PSE you are using and whether on a MAC of PC in case there are differences.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brian It sounds like you are talking about Photoshop.  My issue is with premiere elements version 11  Or maybe I am just not understanding.

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rodney,

To further edit texts that you entered in the earlier edits make sure you save your work in PSD format. Photoshop Elements supports PSD format and you can come later in application and edit the text. You might have chosen JPG format while saving your earlier work that's why next time on reopening you are not able to edit the text on the image.

Hope that resolves your problem.

-Himanshu Bhatt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rodney,

Premiere Elements is mainly for video editing and, if you are referring to that product, then your best bet is to ask your questions in the dedicated forum.

Premiere Elements

I believe the same principles apply in Premiere Elements. I think you can place text on a separate timeline and you should save everything as a project. Once you render the video and produce the avi or mp4 file then the distinction between layers is lost.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rodney,

If you are using Premiere Elements, the common procedure is to create the title on a track above the primary video.  The text can be edited.  There are options to output/save a JPEG in Premiere Elements.  That will bake in any text.  To change the text you will have to go back to the video project, edit the text and output/save a new JPEG.

Hope that helps!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moved to the Premiere Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines