• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trial version of Adobe Elements Organizer 2018 keeps crashing, won't import files

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the Trial version of Adobe Elements 2018, I thought it would be a good way to stay organized as at the moment my videos are all over the place.  It did import all the movies from my Google Drive/Google photos, including many .mov files. When I tried to import from the hard drive Movies folder, I got a message saying 200 videos had been imported but about 1000 files were not imported because of file errors.  Actually there are only 4 videos showing up in the Organizer for the Movie folder.  When I looked at the information for one of them, the program crashed, and it has crashed repeatedly in the last few days.  Should I expect any better when it's not a Trial version?

I am using a Macbook Pro with Mac OS 10.11.6, with 4GB of memory, and 128 GB available storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trial version is the same as the purchased version except for two things.  The trial will stop working after the trial period and output videos have a watermark.  Other than that, it is the same. 

The odd behavior you are experiencing is not at all normal.  

What is the source and type of the video files being rejected.  Premiere Elements is intended to work with the common file types that come from cameras.  Often files from other sources can be troublesome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. A lot of the video files are videos that I exported into folders on my hard drive from Apple "Photos" using "File/Export/Export Unmodified Original," and they are .mov files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the Mac system, but is Quicktime installed?  It may be that the files need codecs that come with Quicktime.  Other than that, I don't have a clue.  Maybe someone else can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the source of those MOV files? Are they from a camcorder, a phone or were they generated by some sort of software?

Remember that MOVs can be made up of hundreds of variations of codecs, frame rates and other compression systems, and not all of them edit well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines