• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to apply transition / time stretch problem

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two video clips i'm trying to apply a transition between, but I'm not able to. I believe this is because one of the clips has been "time stretched". In other words, I slowed down one of the clips so that It would play longer. Does anyone know if this is the issue? If so, is there a way I can join these two clips together? Are there any solutions to this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

That does not sound right, thanks for reaching out to us, we're here to help.

As you're unable to apply transition / time stretch in Photoshop, could you please let us know the version of Photoshop you're working with? You can check the version by going to Help > System Info

Also, what video format are you working with?
Some screenshots would be really helpful to get an insight of the issue.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using version 17.0.

Here's a screen grab of the two clips I'm trying to add a transition to. When I try to add one, I'm only able to add on to the side that has the small grey/white triangle in the top right hand the corner. The triangle disappears on the other clip. 

Screen Grab.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What transition are you using?  Can you try a different one?  How are you applying the transition? 

If you double click on the transition do you see a box like in the larger circle?  If so, click "More" like in the smaller circle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adamgreene1988  wrote

has the small grey/white triangle in the top right hand the corner. The triangle disappears on the other clip. 

That is correct: the white triangle means you do not have any frames or rather handles to make the transition. So it its applied to the right clip only. The left clips needs to be trimmed back.

How to trim clips in Adobe Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved this discussion to Premiere Elements.  You are more likely to get some help there.  But, you should also answer Sahil.Chawla's questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam,

What you are doing should work.  Can you provide more detail about what you are doing and how you are doing it?  I can try to duplicate it on my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your concern is that the transition is only being added to the clip on the right rather than evenly to both clips, that has nothing to do with Time Stretch. It's because the transition is added to the clip that has "head" or "tail" material.

Every transition needs a little video beyond the cut to create the transitional segment. If both clips have been trimmed slightly, the transition will fall evenly between them. In your case, DownUpSide.mp4 has video that has been trimmed from the beginning while the clip before it has not had video trimmed from its end (as indicated by the little triangle in the clip's corner). If you trim this clip back a little, the transition will fall evenly between both clips.

This video may better explain how transitions work in Premiere Elements.

How transitions work in Premiere Elements - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines