Copied

How can we update premiere  elements?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you updating from? And to what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click HELP on the top of the PrElements program... Updates is at the bottom of the drop down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saddly as at 5th April 2024 there are no updates to PE 2024.

Allan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you sad that there are no updates?

Primary updates to Premiere and Photoshop Elements comes once a year, usually in late September or early October.   Mid product cycle updates only come when there is a need for a "bug" correction.  If the installation file is downloaded from Adobe, it will be current and have any needed corrections at the time.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Bill said, every version is unique and may, or may not, receive an upgrade

I don't remember why each upgrade was issued, but my version 2021 has received 4 upgrades and now shows at 2021.4 in the program information screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Bill said, every version is unique and may, or may not, receive an upgrade

I don't remember why each upgrade was issued, but my version 2021 has received 4 upgrades and now shows at 2021.4 in the program information screen

By @John T Smith

John,

It used to be that Premiere Elements supported using RAW photo files.   A version of "ACR" or "Adobe Camera Raw" was built in but hidden.   You could make slide shows without conversion to JPEGs.   Even Premiere Pro couldn't do that.   As Adobe updated the ACR tables, there would be updates to Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements.  That meant we would get three or four updates a year for no other reason.   That RAW photo feature was removed in 2023 or 2024.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know my 'consumer grade' Canon SX510 camera does not do RAW files, and I just work the the JPG files that it does create... so RAW files don't matter to me... I do know that I still make a DVD every now and then, so I will stick with the v2021 that I have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere 2024 has just had 2 updates for both Photoshop and Elements.

The Photoshop updates mentions lots of RAW file update  - Hopefully yours is amoungst them

Kindest

Allan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you say?  "Premiere 2024 has just had 2 updates for both Photoshop and Elements."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Scroll up to what I posted on April 04 to see how to check for an update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines