• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using PREL files in another Elements project

New Here ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements 15 and I'm really confused right now....

I would like to create a project that I can reuse over an over again in other projects.  (Example; having my name come up in a motion title near the beginning of every video I create.)  I would like to do this because I have altered the project to my liking and I would not like to keep re-creating it every time I make a new video.

Is there a way to do what I am talking about here?  Or am I going about this in a completely wrong direction?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what i do: Just export that section of the project, (set the work area bars) and export the file to your computer as a AVCHD (Mp4)or whatever you're using. Then import that file to your new projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my problems with that is I want to use a transparent background.  Whenever I export in MP4 format it will export with a black background that covers up the video I'm using in the new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Elements 2018, there is the option of saving an edited motion title as a new "custom motion title". I've never used Elements 15 though, so don't know if this will work in your case. Maybe worth looking into?

Cliff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I figured that out about half an hour after posting this.  But now I have another issue that I may post another topic for.

I like to take an image and make it appear on the video by starting invisible and quickly going from 0 opacity and 0 scale to 100 opacity and 100 scale in the time of a second.  It will stay on the video for about 10 seconds or so and then disappear by reversing how it came in.  I use this for social media logos and they only appear in a small corner of the video.

Is there a way to save this and reuse from project to project?  Adding these functions are tedious and I would hate doing it for every video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export it to a mp4.

Then you can use the mp4 clip in your projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused.  Can you export it so it has a transparent background that the video clip underneath it would show through?  I didn't think that was possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want transparency export to quicktime/mov with animation codec and set it to 8 bit with alpha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines