Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video can not be played in the timeline

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use Premiere elements 2019 but I can not play videos in the preview / timeline

Anyone have an idea?

Thank you.

Regards,

Gerrit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system do you have? Which processor does your computer have with how much RAM?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what is the video's format and resolution?

When you first add a clip of video to your timeline, do you see a yellow orange "render" line above it? A render line at this point indicates that your project settings do not match your video specs, which can result in poor performance.

RenderLine.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help!

What operating system do you have? Which processor does your computer have with how much RAM?

WIndows 10, I7 Proccesor with 8 gb RAM

Nivdia Geforce GTX 950m

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what is the video's format and resolution?

Sony HDR-CX405,

1920x 1080

Frame 25FPS

MTS

I have try also the formati MP4

When you first add a clip of video to your timeline, do you see a yellow orange "render" line above it? A render line at this point indicates that your project settings do not match your video specs, which can result in poor performance.

There is no orange render line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help!

WIndows 10, I7 Proccesor with 8 gb RAM

Nivdia Geforce GTX 950m

Sony HDR-CX405,

1920x 1080

Frame 25FPS

MTS

I have try also the formati MP4

There is no orange render line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you've got a decently powered i7 processor, you seem to have enough power to edit. Your camcorder also seems to be a pretty standard AVCHD. So I don't see anything that would cause your videos to not play.

Can you be more specific about what is happening when you add your clip to the timeline? Once the program has conformed the clip and you can see as well as the audio waveform and video thumbnail on your timeline, what happens when you click Play? Does the playhead just sit there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i click play there is no response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea why that would happen in this situation. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

I5, 4 ram. Premiere Elements 15

multiple video's from mobile phones. all mp4, bitrate divers.

I can move through the timeline and see different parts of the video's but when I hit the play-button nothing happens.

Rendering make's no differents. I think it it started since I installed Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laptop probably to old? Website of HP says rivers aren't available for windows 10.

What next? Setting everything back to windows 8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which video card is installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Make a short video (20 seconds is enough) and a place it in a directory named Prüfung. Name the video Prüfung.mp4

2. Create a new Premiere Elements 2019 project named Prüfung.prel and save it in the Prüfung directory.

3. Close all files

4. In the Prüfung directory, open Prüfung.prel and open the Projectelement window. Place the Prüfung.mp4 in the Projectelement organizer.

5. Drag the Prüfung.mp4 from the Projectelement organizer window to the Video1 row on the Timeline.

6. Make sure the Current Time Indicator is at the beginning.

7. Play in the timeline.

This is sequence is simply to make sure everything is in the right place on your system. If it still does not play, you will know it is not because of misplaced files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too, I'm pretty sure it is something Windows 10 is doing to the video setup and not Adobe. I have Adobe Premier Elements 19 and Cyberlink Power Director 15 and both do the same thing on the video preview. Go to device manager and look at your graphics card driver and roll back to the previous driver version or reinstall the current version. This has completely cured the issue on Power director but unfortunately not on Adobe. My preview in PD is now on full HD and very smooth, this is with the generic inbuilt Intel graphics adapter on my very average i5/8GB mem laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Premiere elements on my compter - same sympton. Even after rendering the clip (which seems to work fine as there is a green line now) the play button does not respond. When I move the playhead I get all the frames displayed, it  just won't play by itself.

Windows 10 64bit pro

Intel Corei7 CPU

12 Mb RAM

Nvidia GTX 560M GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does work now. Don't Know why but it is OK now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has nothing to do with the quality/performance of the Graphics card I'm sure. I changed over to my desktop which has a very low rent built in Intel HD Graphics 530 processor. I get perfect playback, editing and effects in full HD with no pre-rendering on a 27" screen. Works a treat, Windows 10 Pro, i5, 8GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue

Dell G3 laptop

Win10 Pro

16 Gb RAM

Intel Core i7-8750H

Nvidia GeForce GTX1050 Ti

I have PE 13 installed on the same computer. If i create a new project in 13 I can add 1 asset and play it either using the space bar or the button on the preview window even before rendering.

Creating a new project in PE 2019 using the same asset, it will not play even after rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i turned off hardware acceleration in project preferences and that solved the play issue. i don't have any audio output so i am trying to see if i can find something to remedy that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon, I am getting video playback alright, as I say, on my modest PC. After rendering though my video and audio go out of synch. So in all I have not managed to get this program working to any useful degree since I purchased it. My video files are just regular GoPro files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With version 2019, you have access to online "chat" customer support.  They can remotely access your computer and figure out what is impossible on a discussion forum.

Click here:

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chat doesn't work for me. It appears in the contact customer care link you supplied, thankyou. Once you select the product and select a technical query the chat options disappears. Great shame, looks like a lovely product. I suspect Adobe might tell me I need an Intel I7 and a chunky graphics card.  I'll have one last go on a PC I have at home with a gaming graphics card and see if it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines