Videos Format to be read on a 4K Sony Bravia TV

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I work with Adobe Premiere Elements 11.

First Question :

I have an old Sony HDR-CX410 video camera.

All my videos are mpg.format.

I want to save them on a USB key to see them on my new TV Sony Bravia 4K.

Is it possible or do I have to change the format of my videos ?

And if yes, what format ?

Second Question :

I just bought a Sony FDR-AX53 video camera (4K).

What is the best format to save my new videos on a USB key to see them on my new TV Sony Bravia 4K ?

Many thanks in advance for your reply

Kind regards

Jack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

jp72453761  wrote

Second Question :

What is the best format to save my new videos on a USB key to see them on my new TV Sony Bravia 4K ?

Jack,

The new 4K TVs are very smart.  Mine is Samsung but I suspect the Sony is the same.   My camera is a Panasonic but I suspect 4K settings are similar.  

I record in the highest 4K setting on my camera.  That should be 3840 x 2160 at 30fps at the highest bitrate.  Your AX-53 should have the same, or similar, set

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More recent versions of Premiere Elements have an output designed for specifically that purpose. You'll find it under Export & Share/Devices/TVs.

A little rougher in version 11, since it doesn't have a 4K TV output option that I'm aware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best for both questions is mp4 with H.264 codec.

Dont make the bitrate too high.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That option is not available in version 11, Ann.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

Most tv accept mkv.

Convert mpg with Handbrake to mkv.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thank you Steve and Ann for your prompt reply.

I understand I have to buy a new version of Adobe PREL !

Many thanks and happy Christmas!

Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Could you tell me what is the version of Premiere Elements which allows typewriting effect (letters revealing one y one) ?

Thanks

Regards

Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jp72453761  wrote

.... which allows typewriting effect

Jack,

I first used that in version 9 and just check that the current version 2018 does it too.  It does not include a the sound of a typewriter so you have to find a "sound effect" you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

jp72453761  wrote

Second Question :

Jack,

The new 4K TVs are very smart.  Mine is Samsung but I suspect the Sony is the same.   My camera is a Panasonic but I suspect 4K settings are similar.  

I record in the highest 4K setting on my camera.  That should be 3840 x 2160 at 30fps at the highest bitrate.  Your AX-53 should have the same, or similar, setting.  It probably produces a MP4 file.  Sony has something they brand XAVC-S, but I think it provides the same result. 

Premiere Elements from about version 11 on, has no trouble with 4K files.  It requires a relatively strong computer.  Mine is about 5 years old and does fine. 

There is an output choice in Premiere Elements of "match source".  It creates 4K MP3 files at the same visual quality as the footage from your AX-53.  Copy them to a USB key, plug it directly into the TV and they should play very well.

In other words, my work flow is shoot 4K, edit with PrE in 4K and watch on my TV in 4K.  Additionally, I upload the same file to Vimeo where anyone can watch it on anything.  It works very well with Premiere Elements being the editing tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines