• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the diffrence of Premiere Elements and Rush?

New Here ,
May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im nots ure im in the correct forum or place to ask this but after have talked to costumer support in chat and got the most un-helpfull support and i cant find an email to Adobe to ask i turn to you and see if you can help me.

Ok first of im totaly new to film editing in any form, its only for privat/friends use not commercial.

Last year (2018) i searched for an easy to use and reasonable priced program to edit my gopro and mobile films, many people suggested  Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 version, so i bought it.

In the new year this year i reinstalled my PC and untill now dident need to edit things so i looked at my account to re-download it again and install it.

But in my account i can not fint that specific program anywhere? the only thing i found was Adobe Rush that seemed to me be some sort of replacement or name change, so i could download it and tried for s small bit and it seemed to work.

Cue yesterday, and i chat with support to help me undersnat what i am missing,

Where is Elements in my acccount?

Is Rush an replacement?

What is diffrence of the two programs?

After a long talk where the support have no idea of what i want help with and only want to close case end leave i get a direct link to Elements 2018 and download it.

All that is fine, but the above questions still stay with me, why is a big company so hard to talk to? when i have paid a pretty big sum of money for a program the interface to find what program i have is so cluttered me as a casual user is lost...

Maybe just give up as i seems to not be the target group of ppl that should dare to atempt to use Adobes programs?

I would really appriciate if anyone here could help me abit if you have the time.

Cheers!

/Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Rush is a greatly scaled down version of Premiere Pro. In fact, I think you can open Rush projects in Pro. Rush is designed to be a simple editor for primarily producing videos for social media and its primary platform is mobile devices.

Premiere Elements is a full-featured consumer video editor. It's designed to work with a variety of consumer video formats and includes a large library of effects, transitions, music and graphics. It is not in competition with Rush nor is either program a replace

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rush is a greatly scaled down version of Premiere Pro. In fact, I think you can open Rush projects in Pro. Rush is designed to be a simple editor for primarily producing videos for social media and its primary platform is mobile devices.

Premiere Elements is a full-featured consumer video editor. It's designed to work with a variety of consumer video formats and includes a large library of effects, transitions, music and graphics. It is not in competition with Rush nor is either program a replacement for each other.

Beyond that I'm nor sure what you're asking. I've using Premiere Elements since 2004 and I've been so pleased with the program and the company that I've been working free of charge on this forum helping people out for 15 years. So I don't know why you're having such a hard time with the company or its products. Fortunately, there is no shortage of alternative programs out there, and it should not be hard to find one that meets your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Steve Grisetti​

Thanks for trying to help me.

Well my new costumer experience was fine untill i needed to re download the Program and couldent find it on my accont page under programs, maybe i did something wrong but ive done the same thing for years with other programs and thats never been a problem.

So from my perspective i cant find the program i bought in a straigforward way, maybe its just me.
Then the support person i chatted with was so rushed and was not interested in my explaining what my problem was he just wanted to tak over my desktop to install the program and then leave, and when i said hold on can i ask a question so i learn instead of being hand-held and have to ask for same help next time, insted i wanted to learn..

But never mind that

Your answer helps me alot and are more or less spot on what i was wondering!

So to see i understand, if i want to do very simple editing with a good program then i should invest some time in Elements (have standard version not Pro) and see how i like it, and maybe go to Rush only if i get stuck and want something even simpler?

Appriciate you taking the time to answer!

/Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

You can get a fresh installation file here.  It will need your serial number from your original purchase.  Do you have the serial number?

Download Adobe Premiere Elements | 2019, 2018, and 15

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whsprague​

Yes that is the link i got from chat support in the end.

So this post whas more about the diffrence of the two programs, and i got that from Steve.

Yes i have recipt and serialnumber saved, have Premiere Elements downloaded and will install it soon and start to leran how it works.

Thanks both of you for fast and good help!

/Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to what Steve said, Rush is focused on a unique market.  Sometimes we call them "YouTubers".

Newer smartphones have improved video quality but the work flow of shooting to posting online has traditionally routed through a computer based editor.

With Rush you shoot the video on your phone, edit on your phone (or tablet) and post directly to your target site such as YouTube.  In other words, shoot and post a video in a hurried "rush".   You can also open the Rush project on a desk or laptop computer. 

The Rush system is currently available on the Apple ecosystem.  Adobe has promised Android versions are coming.   There is a Rush version for Windows. 

Part of the Rush functionality requires the clips be stored on Adobe servers.  That's what makes them "multi platform".  The editing done on the phone, tablet and computer is synchronized by connection to the "cloud". 

Once the videographer has "rushed" their content to YouTube.  They may want to polish it or add embellishment beyond the capabilities of one of the Rush device applications.  Therefore, Adobe made it so the project can be opened in Premiere Pro.  Once worked on in Pro, the project can no longer be opened in any of the Rush applications. 

Because of the cloud orientation, Rush does not have the features and tools of Premiere Elements or Premiere Pro.  It is not a good choice for the more traditional video editing workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whsprague​

Even better info.

Again thansk so much!

/P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your answer explains differences among Rush and Peremiere Elements very well! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill - Thank you for your comments. Are there any resolution limits with Elements? I've got a new drone that shoots 20mp stills and 5.4k video.  Also, can I work with it on a PC and iPad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Richard,

There are reasons that Adobe provides free trials.  Among them is for people with cameras newer than the software.   I'm quite sure you new drone JPEG pictures will work.  Don't know about RAW.  For video, 5.4k is outside the HD and UHD boxes.  I may not work and you'll have to test it on a free trial.     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got exactly the same question

I have previously purchased Premiere Elements and didn't use it much, although recently I need to install it and when looking in Creative Cloud Desktop to download it, it simply cannot be found.

The invoice is logged in my Adobe account, and I'm sure I can find a way to reinstall somehow.  However I agree with Peter's OP - why is this so difficult from Adobe - we're customers who have paid for a Product.  Why hide Premier Elements and promote Rush?  Is this Treating Customers Fairly?

Rush acutally performs better compared to Premier Elements, I half wish Adobe just scrapped it and novated licences to Rush.  All the reasons that I bought PE for are in Rush, yet Adobe are badging this as a new separate Product ... really?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum. I'm not sure what answers you're looking for from us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"yet Adobe are badging this as a new separate Product ... really?!"

Yes, really!  It is targeted to social media content creators.  They shoot the video on their phone, edit it on their phone in Rush and get it on line in a rush.   It works best with very short videos because of bandwidth restrictions.  The core of Rush is about a connection between devices.   It follows the pattern of Lightroom CC (the cloud version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines