• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What option do I use for making DVD for USA

Participant ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am in Uk but want to send DVD to friend in USA. However its a project I have already finished, so I seem unable to set Project preferences to NTSC. So I am thinking of making DVD in Create and Share as follows             Disc/DVD/SD480  30fps or        Disc/AVCND/HD 1920x1080 30 fps Will either on these work or do I have to set Project preferences to NTSC at start of project. If so I don't know how to get existing project into a new one without a lot of work, and I assume I loose menus etc.  ( Save As doesn't allow you to change preferences does it? ) Basically I am not sure what I am doing despite researching on Forums, books etc. Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to do what you want. 

Another possibility would be to output the finished video from the PAL project as a common H.264/MP4.   Then send that to to your friend on a DVD disc.  A lot of Blu-Ray players will play video files from DVD discs used as "data discs". 

This is a guess, but you might also try using the H.264/MP4 output as a media source for a new project set to NTSC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply. I have actually done the former, but I set the frame rate to 30fps, but don't know if that helps or not, as that seems to be the frame rate for NTSC. Regarding second option, I was trying to avoid setting up new project if possible as I assume I will loose menus etc so have to do some rework. As its a long video and takes more than an hour to burn, I will see if I get any more responses who can add to this. Thanks Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chris,

More responses would be good.   DVDs are too far in my past to be of much help!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines