• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are auto saved files in a not yet titled project?

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dear. Today i worked few hours to a video project, with the autosave mode activated...but i never  saved it with a title...then the computer crushed and when i reopened Elements and looked in the dashboard for the "recent" file, my project was simply not existing...
Where Elements is storing autosaved projects by default, could you tell me?
i need to publish it, nd i don't want to restart from scratch!
Thank you.
Filippo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a PC there should be a sub-folder in the project folder called "Adobe Premiere Elements Auto-Save".   Inside will be files ending in ".prel" that will have your project name and then numbered as they are saved.  You should be able to pick the latest and open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that and it's not there! Autosave popped up a few times on my screen, so I was sure it was saving it as I went along, but now I cannot find it anywhere. Please help, I have a Macbook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Until you name your project, it is giving a generic name like My New Video Project1.prel.

Look for the auto-saved files for Premiere Elements 2018 in Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/16.0/Audio Premiere Elements Auto-Save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines