• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Does My Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Freeze Up While Rendering?

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can anyone please tell me why the render feature in my Adobe Premiere Elements 11 freezes up at exactly 100 of 1800 frames? (Yes, it's old, but it's all I've got to work with right now.)

I am editing a 1-minute video comprised entirely of high-resolution photos and I am using numerous motion effects.

I've tried rendering the whole timeline. I've tried rendering only small parts of the timeline. I've shut down all unnecessary background apps on my computer. I've tried everything I can think of and nothing works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Until version 12 or so, Premiere Elements had trouble down-scaling higher resolution photos. We used to recommend that before using a photo in Premiere Elements, you downsize your photo to no larger than 2000x1500 pixels in size, or 2500x1875 for high-def video. How large are your photos, measuring the width and height in pixels?

Though you're only working with 60 seconds of video and your rendering is choking at the same point over and over, so you may have something else going on that's bugging things up. Have you tried starting a new project and adding 60 seconds worth of photos there to see if you get exactly the same issue?

BTW, I'm assuming you've got a decently powered computer with a current operating system and that you've got at least 50-80 gigs of free, clean space on your hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines