• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working with 360 VR Video - Looking to Export a Flat Perspective

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I am asking this within the Premier Elements community because this is the software I  currently have. However, if the below is not possible with Premier Elements I am wondering if any other tool will do - Whether it be Premier Rush, Premier Pro, or even an Adobe alternative like Cyberlink Power Director.

What I would like to do is effectively crop a 360 / VR video to capture just one perspective from the camera, and export that as a distinct video.

During a party I had the 360 device (Nikon KeyMission 360) on a bookshelf. I do not need the picture of the books behind the camera. I was using the device more just to capture the party and less for action/movement. So what I'd like to do is effectively edit the video to just be a  plain old 2D video.

When I open the video in Premier Elements, it does not render it in 3D (obviously), but the issue is that the parts of the image I want are split on either side of the frame. Further, Premier Elements doesn't change the perspective at all so there would be some distortion.

I could open this video and play it in Windows 10 without any additional software. I'm wondering if I could effectively take the perspective that I would be watching through Windows and output it to a distinct video file.

I hope this makes sense. Please let me know if this is possible with any software. Premier Pro is quite expensive so I would be a little discouraged if it's only possible with that software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With luck, I will be wrong.  But, I've never seen Premiere Elements promoted for 360 VR, seen examples of people using it for editing 360 VR nor could I find a Premiere Elements hit with a google search for "how to edit vr 360 video",

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? I've scoured the internet and can find plenty of people with a similar need but no responses on how to achieve this. I've looked at Premier Pro, Premier Rush, Photoshop, and Premier Elements and while I can render the video with 3D perspective and find the view that I want to export, I am not able to find a way to achieve a regular flat video from this.

This is akin to cropping the 360 video correct? Certainly there must be some way to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the video as it renders with a "flat" perspective

Capture1.JPG

I want to get rid of the curtain in the background and instead render the video only from this perspective:Capture2.JPG

Any assistance on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a feature of Premiere Elements.

If you want to work with 360 video and/or output it as standard video, you should look into the comparably priced CyberLink PowerDirector Ultimate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve. Do you happen to know if this can be done with Premier Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines