Exit

Would this be sufficient for Premier Elements 15

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NUC7i7DNHE

i7-8650u - 4 C/8T     1.9 --> 4.2 GHz

I know this has a low TDP so it will throttle.

16GB RAM

256 GB NVME + 1TB HDD

iGPU - Intel HD 620

Web:  https://simplynuc.com/7i7dnhe-kit/

Or video: The NUC7i7DNHE (Dawson Canyon) is a Performer - YouTube

Would that handle Photoshop and Premiere Elements 15 with the built-in effects in the software?

My understanding is that Elements does not use a Dedicated GPU but will use the integrated GPU

I want a small nuc.  Would that be sufficient?  I know there are other options, but I want to know if this is sufficient.

I figure the 16GB is okay as it is 4GB per core.  The PCIe NVME should pick things up, with the HDD for storage.

I do not think 32GB is needed, as anything big enough to require 32GB would probably require a dGPU,

Could it handle 5-10 Minutes of 4K editing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my books, I recommend a processor that rates at least an 6500-8000 for editing standard 1920x1080 video and at least 10,000 for editing 4k.

This processor rates a 9000, so it is definitely powerfully enough to run Premiere Elements for 1920x1080 editing -- and may even be able to do some basic 4K editing. I'm sure it could easily handle 10 minutes of 4k.

PassMark Intel vs AMD CPU Benchmarks - High End

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A second question

An i7-8650u chip CPU goes from base of 1.9 GHz to 4.2 GHz.

But the min requirement for Elements is 2.0 GHz.

Will Premier Elements test for the base  frequency or allow for the Turbo frequency.

THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brians36253875  wrote

base  frequency or allow for the Turbo frequency.

This is a forum of users that don't have access to software engineering information.  I don't know how to answer your question.   Frankly I don't know what "Turbo frequency" is!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

brians36253875  wrote

Will Premier Elements test for the base  frequency or allow for the Turbo frequency.

A processor with turbo boost is essentially one with a variable frequency and rarely runs on the base frequency or the maximum frequency. It will regulate the frequency according to the load.

I would take Steve's advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines