• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Fixed] The recent projects on the home panel NEVER open from the first the single or double click

Participant ,
May 18, 2024 May 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the home panel opens it would never let me open any project clicked from the first try, instead I'd have to click several 3+ clicks frantically -- then it will initialize the opening... This is happening from the very beginning of the appearance of the renewed Home panel long ago.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Bug , Error , Feedback , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Can you reliably reproduce this behavior, or is it intermittent? 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
9 Comments
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2024 May 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upvoted. Yes, I have seen this for some time, and there are other posts about it, but I cannot find any of them at the moment. My first note about this was version 22.6.2. I just tested in Release 24.3 (I don't have 24.4 yet) and Beta 24.5.0.43.

I suspect it is a Windows issue. I have seen it outside of PR, and, in PR, I don't think it is only in the Recent Projects list, but that is where I see it most often. What OS are you on?

When you hover in the recent projects list and move over a project name, the cursor turns to a hand and that entire row highlights. This is true whether the click is going to work or not.

If I close a project, and immediately click on that project to reopen it, it always works.

If I close a project, minimize PR, click PR in the Task bar to get it back on screen, get the hand/hover/highlight, and single click on that project to reopen it, it NEVER works. But an additional single click ALWAYS works. I never double-click on those items.

System info
    Application: Premiere Pro (Beta) v24.5.0.43 and PR (Release) 24.3.0
    OS: Windows v10.0.19045, RAM: 63.80 GB GB, CPUs (logical): 16

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 19, 2024 May 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Windows 11 latest insider preview dev build

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often encounter this.

upvoted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you reliably reproduce this behavior, or is it intermittent? 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 2 paragraphs that each start with "If I close a project..." were 100%.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder about some kind of "Windows is not correctly switching focus." It makes no sense, because, as I described, I see the mouse arrow turn into the hand, the selection row highlights, and the project file path/name pops up. In any event, I tried another focus-changing experiment.

Close project, recent list is on screen. If I click on a recent project now, it always works. Instead of minimizing PR, I click on Help -> About, and after getting the About window, I dismiss it by clicking in it. If I now click on a recent project, it DOES NOT open. I can repeat that loop (help/about, dismiss, click once on project name) repeatedly, and it never works. As soon as I click on the project a second time, it opens.

Note that a double-click instead of a single also fails.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<<I suspect it is a Windows issue. I have seen it outside of PR, and, in PR, I don't think it is only in the Recent Projects list, but that is where I see it most often. >

(From Stan)

I see this too... and I first remembered seeing this in the PP home screen, but I get it often enough clicking Desktop Icons that I'm used to triple-clicking at times. I didn't upvote becuase I think it's windows. The OPs video clicking method will never work, you must settle calmly over the item before a double-click. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11-23H2

PP 24.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can see now that this thing has been fixed in the version Premiere Pro (Beta) v24.6.0.10
(I  tried to stress test it several times of opening and reopening and wasn't been able to catch any err, all opened from the first click and so is in After Effects)

So thank you very much for the quck fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources