• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP Beta hangs when exporting MP4

Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP Beta hangs when exporting to MP4. Popup windows shows "Encoding <filename" at 0%. It never progresses.

Version 24.4.0 BETA (Build 11)

Dell Precision workstation using Windows 11

obrti01_0-1709937194635.png

Bug Acknowledged

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Adobe guys (and girls) read these forums regularly; where is this emergency, you speak of?

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
20 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, WIN10! Sad, you got no answer right now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, windows 10. The new build is really unstable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem started for me on Build 11. I am now on Build 16. Still no resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Between 11 and 16 I had two days with Build 15 without any problem. Export was fine. Now, Build 16, we are back to that problem. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it seems like no Adobe guy read our EMERGENCY comments. No reaction...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe guys (and girls) read these forums regularly; where is this emergency, you speak of?

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😆😆😆 Well, since Sunday, with the exception of Tuesday, no export, after all the updates, has been possible. THAT is very annoying as a professional. K?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Emergency. We know this is BETA software. Until now, I have been using the Beta without issues. Solid as a rock for me. In this case, I have to drop back to using the production version, which works fine for exporting. From that POV, it is an unfortunate inconvenience.

With Premiere Pro (and Adobe in general) losing ground to tools like DaVinci and Capcut, I'm not sure why the attitude coming toward us. We are reporting what feel like bugs and communicating with each other to confirm that what we are seeing is consistent. Maybe others have time to "read these forums regularly." Not all of us do. We are trying to get stuff done. If there is a post in the forum related to this specific issue, I missed it although I looked.

I appreciate the features being added to PP and that is why I'm using the BETA. Keep 'em coming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly! On Sunday, BEFORE installing the new update, I advertised Adopbe Pro and the beta version, which in my opinion is far better than the regular version. That's why I only work with beta. Well, until now. A pity. There is only one way to report an error via the forum. I did this in German. Sunday. No response to date. It was only now that I had 'complained' that someone reacted immediately. I'm a customer and a tester, so it should be different. I earn my money with video and photography and I waste my time sitting at the end of a work and exporting it doesn't work. Can Adobe understand this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We completely understand that; that's why we test new features and fixes in the beta versions, and gather real world user feedback, before putting those changes into release versions, for professional use.

>That's why I only work with beta.

You're very brave; we would not recommend using beta software for professional work.

Based on the info in this thread, we've been unable to reproduce the issue; we can output to MP4 from 24.4.0x16, without issue. There must be something more to it...

You're both outputting to a local drive, and you have write privileges to the output directory? [We presume so, but it's worth asking.]

Does every sequence fail to export to .mp4, or just some sequences?

Specifically, which export preset (.epr file) are you using? Do all mp4 presets fail? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the Beta version proved to be extremely reliable and finally had the features and settings that I had missed in the regular version. Yes, the directory is always the same. The export generally fails. Whether a single small video sequence or an edited  film. However, the export only failed since the update on Sunday March 10th. After the last update it worked again and with today's update it doesn't work again. I have attached the export settings as a screenshot. They haven't changed since testing Beta.

bb_export-settings_1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good info, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: The export now works without making any changes to the Beta program or the PC. A mystery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, I am using captions. If I burn the captions into the MP4, it works. If I tell it to create a sidecar file, it does not.

obrti01_0-1710366693016.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that's a lead! Will test further...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirm the bug.

On Build 14. I see Build 17 is now available, but have not updated.

Cleared cache, reset preferences, and created new project when I updated to Build 14. Import clip (Kerstin interview - mp4, 1280x720, stereo track), transcribe, create sequence, create captions (default subtitle format).

Export with Ctrl+M, H.264, Adaptive High Bitrare with defaults other than setting Captions to Burn-in for Export 1 and to Sidecar for Export 2.

Export 1 completes with no issue. Export 2 immediately hangs with no progress (shows the zero percent number). Waited several minutes. Cancel button works.

Exporting srt from text panel works. Changed caption track to 608; hung on export with sidecar.

System info
    Application: Premiere Pro (Beta) v24.4.0.14
    OS: Windows v10.0.19045, RAM: 63.80 GB GB, CPUs (logical): 16

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bruce!

Still no export possible. Did you need any further informations?

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll check...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now up to V24.5.0.14 and this still does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update for 24.5.0 Build 16. I used the same testing process as above:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-bugs/pp-beta-hangs-when-exporting-mp4/idc-p/1448914...

Export 2 still fails immediately, but now shows a simple exclamation error "Premiere Pro Beta" with OK button. Click OK, error and dialogue window behind it close. PR does not close. (I think this means the error has been trapped but not fixed yet.)

I did not test 608 or Text panel srt export.

I did test queuing to AME. As often happens to me AME fails to open. I'll post in the AME Beta forum on that. Once I sorted that, I exported with sidecar, queued to AME, checked the setting (sidecar), and exported successfully.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources