Copy link to clipboard
SyntaxError: unexpected token n in JSON at position 25
Live text transcription while I was scrubbing just crashed and showed me this
Getting a lot of this - in 23.4, 23.5.0beta and now 188.8.131.52beta. Using Productions and very large one at that.
Thank you for your report - keithl72430567 which version of Premiere Pro were you using when you hit this error message?
Hi Nick, thank you for your report and the detailed information - from your screenshot it looks like a slightly different issue than that of the original post - the team added a fix a few seconds ago and you can try it out starting with tomorrows beta build!
Thanks for pointing out these are not the same errors. I have not gotten any of these, so can't test.
Is this report one that is being addressed? It is "reading words" but otherwise the same as Nick's?
the error message regarding reading "words" is also already fixed in the current beta. So these are 3 different issues (JSON error, words, length). The words/length related errors should in theory only affect either very large projects or very slow systems, as these are timing related.Best regards, Alexander
Very helpful info.
I'm still getting this in beta 184.108.40.206
@Nick Lear thank you again for looking at this in the latest build! Using your updated error report we were able to find a follow up issue that could still be reached. Tommorrows build will have that adressed too!
I'm glad I have the deepest reach for irregularities!! I do push Premiere quite hard it has to be said.
I am getting this error despite the fixes mentioned below. I have restarted several times and re-installed Premiere. At the same time, I'm unable to load the online creative cloud on Chrome, although I can on Edge. (Is it possible that I have Chrome set as a default browser for transcription connection somewhere?) I don't think my project is particularly large.
@ruthw86686381 can you confirm which version of the Premiere Pro beta you are getting this error in? (in the top bar go to "Help" - "About Premiere Pro". The fix should be available in the current beta version.Your default browser should not have any impact on the error you are seeing.
this is still here in beta 220.127.116.11
Thank you again for the update! Did you get this in transcription or captions view? any last actions you made before this was hit again? @Nick Lear
I get this fairly regularly - normally when I'm in a sequence with multiple clips and they come from different projects in the production.
That issue happened with me too recently. I just dublicated the main sequence, closed the problematic one and reloaded the text tab, which kinda fixed the issue for me.
Finally an update on this issue - we were able to reproduce the issue and apply a fix! Please test this on the latest beta - it should be gone for good now!
lol. I never got that one, but this error in Build 35 this AM: l.getClipCount is not a function.
Thank you Stan for testing this so quickly - unfortunately todays build has a critical issue which prevents the text panel from working correctly - this will be resolved in tomorrows build too
Getting this pretty consistently with 23.6.0 (build 65) and the project is small.
You are in the Beta forum, where this bug has been fixed. but you are running the current Release version 23.6.0. Upvote this bug report:
They mention some workarounds in that post.
Ugh, I just realized this is the Beta forum. Sorry about that. Thank you Stan.
> I'm glad I have the deepest reach for irregularities!!
Nick, I missed your cleverness in this response. Too funny!