• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Transcription doesn't advance.

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After pressing the transcibe button, the message "Creating auto transcription..." pops up with the bar that says it's rendering the audio. But that's as far as it goes. Even though I can keep working (so it doesn't freeze the laptop), after a couple of hours, there is zero progress on the bar. And I tried this with different lengths of the video, just in case it was too large the first time around. I'm guessing it could be that I'm using a Macbook Air with an M1 chip. On Monday I'll retry on a Mac Pro.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Imported Video.

2. Created new sequence. 

3. Opened text window and push the transcribe button.

4. Progress bar appears.

Result: No progress appears to happen. After a few hours, no result from Premiere on the transcription.
Expected: Captions by now. Or at least the progress bar to advance, so I know there is progress going on. 

System info
    Application: Premiere Pro (Beta) v15.0.0.BUILD

TOPICS
Bug , Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying going into the text window, into the captions tab, and clicking on re-transcribe. Same thing happended to me, and this seemed to get past the stall ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, I went to the Captions tab, but no re-transcribe button is available. There's only "Transcribe sequence", "Create new captions track", and "Import captions from file". And when I push on the first button, it reopens the window I initially get with the settings for the transcription. After clicking it, it takes me to the same step as before and no progress. 

An by the way, thanks for the help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are getting a long pause it might not be uploading your file? Try going back to the Transcript button and then hit the 3 dots to reveal the Re-Transcribe sequence.

Re-Transcribe.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it took about 1-2 minutes before the bar started loading in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem.  Nothing was happening with the transcription, but as soon as I put an in and out point in the sequence and then clicked the check box for transcribing only from the into the out point, then things started working and the audio was uploaded and the status bars started moving.  So try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues as the orignal poster.  I thought it was the lenghth of the sequence so tried a shorter sequence.  I've tried the re-transcribe function also.  So far nothing is working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you updated to build 17 that came out yesterday.  Another trick that worked for me was once on the new build, create a new empty proejct and import your media and try running the transcribe feature again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue (getting stuck at rendering audio) has been under investigation and we believe that this issue has been addressed with build 023. Could you please try again with the latest version (15.0 beta build 024 is currently available) and if you still run into this issue with build 023+, please let us know.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trent

Recent builds have been working for me (other than yesterday's, which - on my mac - I had to force-quit because it was sticking in the audio-rendering process that occurs before the audio is uploaded to the server for transcription. Sorry, I can't confirm if that was build 23 or not).

However, I updated to build 24 earlier today (c.1400 GMT) and can confirm - on the one 7 minute piece I've been working on this afternoon, that it all seems to be working as expected again.

Thanks, Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear. Thanks, Neil!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trent, has this problem returned. Transcription was working great for me (beta and now I'm on build 15.2.0) but now I'm getting this issue - endlessly rendering audio despite a simple new sequence and defined In and Out points etc. No audio/dialogue effects. The actual sequence exports just fine when I deliver the edit - just auto transcription gets stuck on the audio render for some reason. When I give up and choose to quit it actually does crash so there's a crash report at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem! It worked fine for me yesterday and is now stuck on Transcribing sequence (rendering audio) with the bar appearing to be complete.

Could it be the use of proxies vs. raw files? I'm currently connected to proxies, since raw files slow the process down.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI all - I just plugged in my raws, and it immediately worked. If you're using proxies, that may be the issue!

Adobe - any way to add functionality to transcribe from proxies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe the Proxy issue may be addressed in Premiere Pro 22.0 Beta. I was able to reproduce your issue with Full Res Offline, but Proxy attached in 15.4.1 (would get stuck at end of rendering audio). I then opened this same Project in 22.0 Beta build 102 and Transcribe completd without any issues.

22.0 Beta build 102 is available on Creative Cloud, if you would like to try it out with your Project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transcription has stopped working for me it seems. Stuck on uploading to server. Have restarted premiere, updated to the latest build (15.1 R18 from R16) and restarted the computer. Progress bar just keeps looping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources