Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug: Ingest ProRes settings transcoding images & Pre-transcoded videos

Participant ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesnt make sense to me. 

So I transcoded a video to ProRes LT ahead of time. When I drag that transcoded video to Premiere Pro with ingest settings enabled with Transcode ProRes LT preset as an example,  it always transcodes footage again, which makes no sense. Also, when dragging an image to project, it tries to transcode the image too, opens up Media Encoder, and makes a duplicate of image. Again, this makes no sense. 

https://streamable.com/iev7as

Media Encoder & Premiere Pro should be able to recognize that "hey, jpg and png images are not videos, maybe we shouldn't try to transcode those".  Also, Pr and Media Encoder should recognze "hey looks like that ProRes LT video is already pre- transcoded, maybe we shouldn't try to transcode it again". 

Im sure there must be a way to implement it so that Premiere Pro & Media Encoder only transcodes things that actualy need to be transcoded, not things that already were transcoded, and certainly not images. 

Btw this is happening on both Beta and non-beta 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only advantage to the current method is that, for example if I was to drag an image from my D drive into my premiere pro project (which is located lets say in F drive), when it tries to transcode image, it instead makes a copy of image to wherever project is located (in this case F drive), and uses that as the reference file, therefore, even if I delete the file from D drive, it wont affect the project since it made a reference copy and stored it in same location as project. So in this sense, ingest transcode settings transcoding everything including images, does have that advantage for redundancy. Would be cool if instead there was an option to transcode only videos that werent pre-transcoded, or an option to "transcode & make copy of all files". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources