• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Caption Keyboard Shortcuts for Split and Merge do not work

Community Expert ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are unmapped keyboard shortcuts for "Split caption segment under CTI" and "Merge selected caption segments." When mapped, they do nothing. I had previously added "Edit selected caption text," which operates correctly.

Methods that work as expected include the Split caption and Merge captions buttons in the Text Panel, and the razor tool and Ctrl+K (with the Caption Track targeted).

Note: I did find menu equivalents for some of the commands that have keyboard shortcuts under Sequence -> Captions. There are several commands there. But these are not in the list. Should they be?

Steps to reproduce:
1. Map the two commands above to Ctrl+Alt+Y (Split) and Ctrl+Alt+U (Merge) (Yes, remember to click OK.)

2. Place the CTI in the desired location; press Ctrl+Alt+Y.

3. Select two adjacent captions; press Ctrl+Alt+U.

Result: Nothing happens.

Expected: The caption under the CTI should split; the two captions selected should merge.

System info
Application: Premiere Pro (Beta) v15.4.0.12
OS: Windows v10.0.19041, RAM: 23.99 GB, CPUs (logical): 8

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are both "Application" shortcuts, so they should work in the Text panel and Timeline panel. Unfortunately, we still have an open issue to get these two shortcuts working in the Timeline panel.

As far as adding these to the Sequence menu > Captions options, I'm not sure if it was intended to add all Caption shortcut options to the menu or not. That said, I will add a request.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a user, I expected they would work ... and it's frustrating that they don't work as expected.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood, thanks Neil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stan Jonessomething new on shortcuts for merging and splitting caption (Mac & Wondows)?

This would save a few mouse movements... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Arne_B,

FYI, the problems discussed in this thread were fixed.

There are no changes in the split and merge shortcuts per se. But many related selection and navigation shortcuts. And a big change in how merge works.

The new shortcuts were introduced in the Beta:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/text-panel-enhancements-pauses-navigati...

There were a lot of changes before this was introduced in the Release version, but I think that is the best intro to the shortcuts.

There was a big change in 23.4 in merge behavior unrelated to shortcuts. See this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/merge-captions-suddenly-gray-and-unlcikable/idc-p/1...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources