• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discuss: Background Improvements for Captions and Essential Graphics

Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're happy to offer early access to some new Background improvements for Captions and Essential Graphics in PrPro 15.3 Beta. Specifically, you can now put Rounded Corners on your text background and also set it to have a Per-Line fill instead of All Lines. We are looking forward to your feedback!

You can access this feature by selecting a Caption Segment or Text Layer and then checking on the Background control under Apperance in the Essential Graphics Panel. You will then see a "Corner Radius" control that will let you round your corners. Then, by clicking on the Appearance > Graphics Properties button (looks like a wrench), you can set your Fill Mode to be Per-Line or All Lines.

Here are a couple of images to help you understand where these controls are located. Enjoy!
Check on Background to see the Corner Radius and other controls:

02CornerRadius.png

Choose Per-Line Fill Mode in Graphics Properties:

03PerLineBkgrd.png

TOPICS
Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had just updated to 15.3.0.15, and gave this a go.

Some users will be very happy with the ability to set background per line.

To create separation (a space between the lines) use the Leading control in the Text section of the Essential Graphics panel.

These choices, rounding and per line, are captured by the Caption Track Style.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The part about using leading will be included in the public documentation, so thanks for adding it here. And yes, please let's make sure users know it all works with captions too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice additions, but it's extremely odd that users can add rounded corners to text backgrounds but not to regular, non-text-containing EG rectangles.  Is this coming in a future beta update?  I feel silly to even have to ask if this will be added, but considering bizarre omissions in the past, such as the crop effect going on for years without side handles, it's a necessary question.

It's also nice to see that these rounded corners are aesthetically correct, unlike the ugly rounded corners in the Legacy Titler which still haven't been fixed after all these years.

It would be nice to be able to use v15.3 beta or v15.2 for actual work, but until the bug that prevents effect presets (PRFPSET file) to be imported from previous versions of Pr is fixed, those version unfortunately remain unusable. (I've already filed an official BR for this)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm agree with Pierre Louis, rounded rectangle is a no brainer. Should be added for regular rectangle shapes.

I have just showed my students the Essential graphic Panel and the main question was " Why can't we make rounded rectangles"...My answer...I'm sure it will be implemented soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to add that I LOVE the way Photoshop allows us to add rounded corners to a rectangle! 

Photoshop does round corners right.jpg

Rather than EG adding a separate option to create rounded corner rectangles (as LT offers), I think it would be preferable to just keep the current rectangle option, with handles always available to create round corders.  AND... PLEASE give use the option to create different sized round corners by invoking the alt keyboard modifier just like Photoshop does!  This design is perfect, so why not reuse it?

Photoshop has 100% got it together when it comes to resizing objects (just like LT does) and creating rounded corners!  What is the Pr team waiting for to give us these same incredibly intuitive resizing and round corner generating tools in EG?  Sometimes it feels like Photoshop, Illustrator, AE and Pr aren't event made by the same company, considering how instead of copy/pasting the brilliant design of tools between apps whenever applicable, Adobe completely messes things up with garbage designs, such as is still the case with EG's good awful resizing and lack of rounded corners.

Sorry if this comes across as harsh, but there is simply no good reason to have EG perform so poorly in so many core aspects when other Adobe apps peform so brilliantly in those same regards.

Thanks for listening and thank you in advance for giving these issues the much needed attention they need!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant 'god awful resizing', not 'good awful' 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the feature but when adding transparency on the background, when lines overlap, the space between the 2 lines becomes darker. Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 19.31.39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a bit messy. Not only with transparent backgrunds.

It's also slighty annoying that your background's height and/or alignment changes between the two options. Try it with single and multiple lines: Sometimes the background is higher (but not wider),, sometimes shorter and sometimes it stays the same height but changes alignment. You can clearly notice it if you change the background option while looking at your caption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources