• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embed 608 Fails If Import SRT as 608

Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused by this because I succeeded in getting one file where MediaInfo reports that 608 captions are embedded and one with 608 and 708. All this applies to PR 15.1 release and Beta 15.2.0.26.

The importance of this bug is that users exporting for broadcast are getting files rejected, possibly due just to a bad flag. All of the files I created actually have the 608 captions present. If a 608 stream is created manually in PR, MediaInfo shows it as embedded. It is only 608 streams creating by importing that are affected. I only tested SRT; but some users who are having broadcast export issues were using mcc or other types.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Creat new sequence. 

2. In Text Panel, click on "Import captions from file." 

3. Pick an srt. In import settings, pick 608.

4. All appears well. Export MXF OP1a with embedded captions.

5. Upon reimport to PR and creating a sequence, the captions are there.

Result: MediaInfo reports as no captions.
Expected: MediaInfo should show the 608 embedded captions just as it does when they are manually created.

System info
    Application: Premiere Pro (Beta) v15.2.0.26
    OS: Windows v10.0.19041, RAM: 23.99 GB, CPUs (logical): 8

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep ... this happens. And it's BAD BAD BAD BAD to have QC through this back on you. Espcially when the durn thing is probably IN the file, the file's just not tagged correctly.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible for you provide an SRT, Project and source clip that reproduce for you? I tried a few tests, following your steps, I have not been able to repro so far. I'm running more tests, but having a 100% reproduceable Project and files would help immensely in the investigation.

Thank you, Stan!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Sent you a PM.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trent sees the issue in my files. HOWEVER, related to another issue, I reset preferences. And then, before testing today, I reset the Captions workspace. I tested only 1 srt imported as 708 and 1 srt imported as 608. Both embedded correctly in mxf. Same media file, but a new srt (exported from the Text Panel of PR 2021).

I'll try to test further tomorrow.

Testing release version 15.1.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw this note from @Trent Happel re mxp embed issues:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/embedded-captions-not-working/m-p/12041288#M346996

I updated to 15.3 Build 27 and did the test for embedding srt imported as 608 in mxf. As noted above, I have been unable to get this error to occur in more recent tests. However, in today's test, the 608 stream is not "seen" by MediaInfo 19.09 but is there when I import the file to PR.

I reset the Captions workspace. Created a new project. Same test with new srt. SRT imported as 608 and exported as mxf with embedded 608 SHOWS the 608 in media info. Very odd.

Returned to the first project and repeated with a new srt. 608 shows in MediaInfo. My workspaces are set to not import from projects.

Sending the files to Trent.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Stan. This particular 608 issue that you reported, is separate from the frame rate issues and is still being worked on by our developers. 

We're also still working on the effects in Export Settings causing embed failure (some cases should now work, but others still fail).

We hope to have fixes as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stan Jones  @R Neil Haugen 

This issue is still under investigation and we're trying to figure out how widespread this issue is. Besides MediaInfo, what other applications have you seen fail to recognize the embedded 608 captions?

For example, I did notice that MacCaption 8.0 correctly recognized the 608 captions. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only tested with Mediainfo. I was somewhat influenced by broadcast users reporting problems.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gotcha, thanks Stan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources