• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Premiere Pro beta crash with AMD CPU

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone test the latest Premiere Pro beta with AMD CPU (Ryzen or Threadripper) and see if they can start it without a crash? For me it always crashes and has been doing so for few beta versions. I have send report to Adobe, but I'm not sure if they are investigating this.

My system is

AMD 3960X

64GB 

1080TI

2nd system:

AMD 3900X

64GB

2080TI

Both crash few seconds after the start new project dialog opens.

TOPICS
Crash , Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

I was able to solve the problem. I have an adblocker installed in my router and I think it is blocking some Adobe service that causes Premiere to crash. When using VPN that bypasses the adblocker Premiere works normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe please comment on this. I fear that this is transfered to the non-beta at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running a 3950x 64 GB 3070RTX and I have been experiencing the exact same crash but on non-beta Pr 14.5...

I had to roll back to version 14.2 to get my projects to open... Adobe!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a discovery. If I go offline, beta version starts without crash on my both AMD computers. Back online and it crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... I can Premiere Pro beta offline, but can't import footage without a crash. And as soon as I go online Premiere also crashes in few seconds after it has been able to start in offline. Adobe please take a look at this. Not very good customer support to be completely silent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kimblah I would like to get crash logs from you to look at this issue. When you send the report to Adobe do you include your email address? If so, could you direct message me and let me know the email address you used? If you haven't been including that, please do so the next time you hit the crash and then direct message me which email you used. I can look up your crash report based on that email and we can see what is happening. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mattchristensen I've sent you a direct message. Hopefully this issue can be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it happened. Latest update to non-beta Premiere today, 14.6, and now also non-beta Premiere crashes on startup. Please fixit asap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to solve the problem. I have an adblocker installed in my router and I think it is blocking some Adobe service that causes Premiere to crash. When using VPN that bypasses the adblocker Premiere works normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources