• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New #SpeechtoText Feature @AdobeVideo

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started testing the new #SpeechtoText feature on PP and I am having issues...

1- I can't manually adjust the timing of the caption. I am forced to drag the caption clip to the right time in the sequence, rather than able to copy the time code and paste it into the caption settings (like I could do using the regular caption settings)

2- The biggest problem I have with captions (both regular and new #SpeechtoText) is it completely distorts the video when I try to play it back and make sure the captions are set to the right timing. For example, I set the caption - then press play - and the audio plays but the video doesn't move at all. It seems that caption work completely overwhelms the system and prevents the video from playback. I then have to either wait, or go back to a different part of the video and play a longer section hoping it will playback correctly. 

I like the feature - I do caption work regularly and the automated translation is very helpful, but these bugs really need to be fixed. The fact that I can't set a caption timing then immeditely test the playback is SUPER annoying. 

@AdobeVideo

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aslbrooke,

Try the feature with a brand new project and sequence. I am not experiencing any of these issues. If you still have problems, let's see a few embedded screenshots of what you are seeing. Hope we can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PP v15.0 and am working with a new sequence I just created an hour ago. 

As soon as I add a caption using the new "text" feature, it stops playback for a solid minute or two. Even if I go back to an earlier portion of the sequence, still won't playback video. Audio playback works though....

Also - can't manually adjust timecode. See attached...

PP Error.PNGPP2.PNGPP3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aslbrooke,

I have not seen this slow-down. But I have only tested low demand, simple sequences - one very short and one a 3 1/2 minute clip. But I can edit and immediately play with no delay. The short one is a new caption stream; the longer one is an imported srt. I have no tested this with a transcribed sequence. Doing that now...

What length is your sequence? What type of material (high demand)? 

It might help troubleshooting if you create a very short sequence with just a few captions and see if the problem occurs there. 

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't change to a short sequence as I need this feature to work on my project. I am now manually adding the captions (using the new text feature) rather than using the automated transcription. Still won't playback after I add a new caption. 

My sequence is working with 5 videos and one music audio track. 

I know @AdobeVideo team is still working on this feature for the #SpeechtoText and new text workspace in general - hopefully they will be able to address this bug before wide release. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm suggesting the smple sequence just to test performance issues.

If you are getting the slow performance even without the transcription source, I see no reason you'd get the delay.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without the text feature in use, the video playsback without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

aslbrooke,

Sorry. Give us details about your computer system, the hard drives containing the media, and the media files themselves. Which camera are they from?

That would help us diagnose.

Yours truly,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources