Long time user, first time poster 🙂 I assume we're supposed to post here to offer feedback for Early Access Speech To Text Program? I haven't received any surveys or "contact" yet. So here's my feedback so far:
1. Like everyone else, it didn't unlock right away - but Adobe fixed that and sent access folks an email saying it was just a bug, that was nice. Saved me a chat to customer care.
2. If I had to put it in percentage, the transcription analysis has about a 95% accuracy rate. For the
most part it is extremely great at transcribing the audio. However fixiing the incorrect words is simple easy. After being analyzed, you see a nice transcription that is similar to an open document and you can just delete and type as you need. Once you're done, hit the button to create captions and your captions are corrected. Side note, punctuation is also not at 100% but we all know that punctuation would most likely be an issue. So be sure to proof read!
3. There is a really nice auto scroll feature so if you're playing the video after the speech is transcribed. You see the text window auto scrolling through the transcript or captions within the text window AS your video is playing. This will be great if you want to double triple check your work. When i was interning for a client, I found myself missing words here and there during caption work; this feature is going to save lives 🙂
4. Neat feature: If you have multiple speakers, Speech To Text is going to add " speaker 1, speaker 2" on the transcript to diffferentiate between who is speaking ; love that!
5. The captions have their own track; which they did before but now it looks more visually appealing and user friendly. Super easy to edit and user friendly! You have cuts after sentences or pauses so if you wanted to click and drag phrases around, you totally can and it's so easy!
After the honeymoon AKA what can be improved:
- Would like to see a captions tutorial in the learning panel. There are many folks that don't
know the difference between all the types of captions that are offered.
- Where is the open captions option?
- Option to export transcription to PDF would be AWESOME because it's practically formatted
for script use. Talk about another time saver for those needing or wanting scripts!
- I have a side note that says "align and transform not working".. I'm honestly drawing a blank on why I wrote that; but I'll put this in for Adobe anyway.
Overall, yes friends this is the best answer to captions pergatory you could ever ask for!! I say this because I don't know how many hours I spent as an intern having to manually create captions in Adobe Premiere. It was the least favorite part of my job..well second least. It saves SO much time and gives you time to go back and focus on the editing of your video and other areas like color or graphics.
When I heard about the Early Access program to test, I jumped on it. Highly recommend doing it if you can; you will enjoy testing it.