• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speech to Text for Clips Not Sequences?

Contributor ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, speech to text is working way better than I could have hoped. Here's one snag, though. The speech to text applies to sequences, not clips, as far as I can tell. Is there any way to transcribe a clip, then have that data live on the clip? Like markers would? I'm transcribing a clip, then using that transcription to put together a cut, so I don't want the transcription to live on the sequence, as the sequence is not put together yet. I want to put the transciption onto a clip, then use that transcription to find things in the clip, which I would then use to build my sequence. Is that possible in this version? Or can it only be applied to sequences? Thanks!

TOPICS
Feature request , Feedback , Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Daniel, this sounds like a feature request. You can make that over on User Voice: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bums me out too. It would be super useful as a way to review interview footage by reading the text instead of having to watch 30 minutes of an interview. I could essentially edit from the text. Or I could search for soundbites in the metadata of my clips. They had this feature long ago in Premiere 8, called Speech Analysis. The underlying speech recognition tech in this new update is way better, but the fact it only applies to sequences is so disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simply make a clip a sequence of itself, especially for interview work. Transcribe it ... and you've got it down in the Transcription panel. Easy enough to do.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources