• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Things that I noticed comparing 14.2 beta to 14.1 stable (small bugs and feedback)

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys

I installed Premiere Pro Beta because of the ProRes RAW feature.

Some things I noticed:

1. Every second "Browse" function doesn't open a windows explorer window (for example to browse for a Lut or to import files), but premiere isn't responding like a window would be opened.
  2. If I have an Adjustment Layer above the ProRes RAW (HQ) file with a Lut in Lumetri Colors and I apply another Lumetri Colors effect to the video, the image will turn black when I adjust the sliders in the effect on the image.
  3. i need to put the exposure in the master to -2, to have the same picture as ProRes HQ
  4. it doesn't put the system information in my clipboard, on reporting a bug

Premiere Pro: 14.2.0.24

GTX1060 (notebook) with Nvidia Studio driver 4422.92

Intel HD Graphics 630 Driver v26.20.100.7263

i7-7700HQ, 32GB RAM

Beside of that, it's very stable

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yanisw,

Thanks for the feedback. I tried to repro your #2 issue with ProRes RAW and the image turning black when adjusting sliders for the added Lumetri color effect without success. Perhaps you can provide more detail on the steps followed when you see this- what exact effects are being added and the type of ProResRAW HQ file (camera, record monitor, fps)? What is the VRAM amount on your card-3Gb or 6GB?
That being said, there was a discovered render issue in PR build 14.2.0.24 with Lumetri color effects that a fix is currently being worked on. It may have some impact on what you are seeing. I will reply to this report when the build is posted with the fix.
Best,

Martie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#2 is fixed with the new beta

the only thing why I need to go back to stable is the browsing issue #1. Every second or third time I click a button that should open a Windows Explorer, the program freezes without opening a browser window. It freezes as if a Windows Explorer was open in the foreground. If you would close the Explorer, Premiere would be active again, but since no window appears, it remains blocked and I have to end the process.

#3 it's maybe the normal behaviour, I don't know. But it's a little bit strange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yanisw,

Glad to hear the fix resolved the issue#2 for you. 
For #3, since ProRes Raw media can contain over-range values, a difference would be expected when comparing to ProRes422HQ media at limited range.
As for #1 issue- I am not seeing that on Windows tests using the 14.2.0.24 or 14.2.0.30 builds.

Can you provide more detailed steps- list what actions, exact buttons selected that are leading up to program freeze.
-Is this browsing issue only occuring for you in 14.2.0.x beta builds? Build first noticed in?
-Is this occurring in one particular Workspace like "Color" or all?
-What is the VRAM amount on your card-3Gb or 6GB?
-What other applications are open at the time? 
-If you reduce Premiere Pro application, is there a dialog prompt in backgrd?

Thanks,

Martie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm not answering yet, I'm moving and writing a thesis. I'll test it out over the next few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With v14.3.0.7, the issue is gone now

#1 more detailed steps:

1. add Lumetri Colors to a clip
  2. go to the creative tab
  3. lut
  4. browse
  5. freeze (every second time)

or:

1. right click in project window
  2. import...
  3. freeze (every second time)

Is this browsing issue only occuring for you in 14.2.0.x beta builds? Build first noticed in?

yes, tested first with 14.2.0.24 and is wasn't working and now with 14.3.0.7 it's good

Is this occurring in one particular Workspace like "Color" or all?

all

What is the VRAM amount on your card-3Gb or 6GB?

6GB

What other applications are open at the time?

Word and Firefox mos of the times

If you reduce Premiere Pro application, is there a dialog prompt in background?

no, I don't think so

Copying the system Infos to the clipboard is also working now:
System info
    Application: Premiere Pro (Beta) v14.3.0.7
    OS: Windows v10.0.18363, RAM: 31.89 GB, CPUs (logical): 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Yanisw,

Thanks for providing more details. We will keep an eye out for it, but it looks like work we have done in related areas has now resolved the #1 issue for you in the 14.3 beta.

Cheers,

Martie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources