• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHAT THE HECK!?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was there an update that removed the bar at the top for switching workspaces??????? Also, all my preset exports are gone, and I can't remake them??? How do you even make an export preset with this new menu? WHAT the heck is going on ADOBE??

TOPICS
Bug , Feedback , Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can read about the new changes at the top of the beta page.  Look for the discussion: Redesigned header bar.

Your presets might have not migrated during the beta software update. You need to make your presets in Media Encoder and import them. Locate your old export presets in your old presets folder, access the import function in the 3 dots.

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 9.56.17 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding your workspaces, you can access them in the upper right corner of the Edit page

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 10.14.12 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The beta ... build about 19 or so? ... didn't just not get my presets including keyboard shorts & workspaces, it wouldn't sync them via the CC Cloud either. It would say it was downloading my CC sync, but never changed anything. So I had to manually copy my prefs over.

And as to the new export menu, you need to read their documentation to see how to use it. It's ok mostly once you understand how it works.

I'm still NOT pleased with losing the workspace bar up top. I guess I really do need to learn the key-shorts to my 9 custom workspaces.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry - I hope and pray that Adobe will see sense and throw out this god-awful downgrade of the export workflow, once a few thousand users deliver videos encoded at the wrong bitrate and with the wrong filename and in their fury decide to jump ship to another NLE. It truly is an absolute abomination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at past new feature. Once in motion they stay in motion. Adobe wont revert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One thing that struck me about the layout of the new Export workflow, was that is in many ways is SO much more similar to that of Resolve. Slightly laid out differently, but in general, so much the same.

So ... which other app would you be thinking of jumping to? Avid?

There are some things about the new layout I'm not thrilled about, but some of it is actually pretty useful. And I do note that they have made changes to other things based on what the client base overall indicates. Which I appreciate (naturally) when the client base agrees with me ... but don't nearly so much when the client base doesn't agree with me.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources