• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio cutting out in Premiere - it's killing me.

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this problem has seemed to have ramped up over the past month or so and it's getting increasingly difficult to edit.  I've tons of searching, and there seem to be a lot of people having similar issues - but all have different possible causes.  I'm trying to edit interviews, and basically I can't work.  Some of the obvious questions I know I'll get:

Was happening on the last version of 2018, and I'm now on 2019 - 13.0.3.

System:

I'm on a Mac Trashcan - I know it's getting up there in age, but it's handling the video fine - it's just the audio cutting out.

3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

AMD FirePro D700 6 GB

I've had this happen on multiple projects, with multiple types of media and multiple hard drives.  (Predominately Lacie Rugged which we've always used).

In this case files are 4K MXF - although I have proxies attached which seems to have exasperated the audio situation.  Although I rarely have needed to use proxies, so my other projects had problems using the original footage.

I always make my sequences from the clip, so matching settings should not be an issue - except iI guess potentially in this case where I have proxies attached.

I've cleared my cache, I've upped my buffer size to the max, and made sure my sample rate matches. 

I've been editing over 25 years, linear tape to tape, Avid, and I've been using Premiere since 2012 and CS6, and I've never been more frustrated. 

Anyone else?

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
78 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, I just saw your email also, I will follow up there with some extra questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be another setting that worked my machine.
I found that on a PC, I entered the 'Console' menu of premiere pro by pressing control+f12 (Cmd+F12 on a mac), clicked on the 3 lines at the top and displayed debug view.

I then searched audio in the search bar, and changed the setting for the line 'AudioSupport.MonitorMixer.PrefetchRangeDuration' to 6 instead of 2. On a fast enough machine,  this seems to fix the issue. You can try 4, I currently have my machine on 10.
My audio problems were fixed. Everything else mentioned here didn't work for me.
Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One thing I've noticed with this, is that it can occur when I have audio files with different frequencies in the same project.  I had a mix of 48khz and 44khz, and when I converted everything to 48 I was ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate