• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't move masks (or mask points) with Arrow Keys anymore!

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometime in the very beginning of January 2021, using Arrow Keys to move masks, (or mask points) directionally around the window by pixel accurate methods, changed over to moving the playhead instead!?

And when I go into Keyboard Shortcuts, and try to manually change it, it doesn't work! And I also tried removing all the default settings, and just add back in, Move by 1 pixel for each direction, and it still doesn't work!

I BELIEVE THIS IS A BUG, AND A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE DO AS WELL:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/i-can-t-move-mask-with-arrow-key/m-p/11677100/thread-id/...

https://www.reddit.com/r/premiere/comments/kbav8l/using_arrow_keys_to_move_a_mask_no_longer_works

Adobe, if this is NOT a bug, and is some sort of new feature, please give us back the ability to manually change it to the way we want it.

If it IS a bug, then please throw some of your extensive resources (as given you by the millions of users paying you $53/month until the end of friggin time!) to FIX THIS BUG!

THIS IS EFFECTING MY ABILITY TO DO MY JOB FOR OVER A MONTH NOW!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Hello @DaveRizzWork ,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YEP! I am running into the same problem, and it is seriously affecting the professional-nature of my work. EXTREMELY frustrating, and I hope that Adobe takes note & fixes the bug or gives us back this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C'mon Adobe! Fix this, or let us Fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this problem. Causing great difficulty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted about this on the Adobe Premiere subreddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/premiere/comments/kbav8l/using_arrow_keys_to_move_a_mask_no_longer_works/

No response.

I got so fed up I tried calling customer support where I was on hold for 3 hours. They told me they would call back soon with a solution. They never did. That was weeks ago now. Absolutely infuriating.

I guess it's time to try Davinci Resolve and cancel my Adobe subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can definitely reproduce this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here as of December. 2020 and although new versions of Premiere keep coming-up no fix for this!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, this is not funny anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Adobe :cherry_blossom: this isn't fun any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

プログラムモニターでタイムの入力も受付ません。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still the same issue with PP 2020 in April 2021 - the only thing I've read suggesting a fix is in the upcoming Beta version of the new iteration. We should not be forced to install Betas (or new versions!) to get back essential functionality that has previously been working for years! Fix this bug in Prem Pro 2020 or give us refunds until you do, it costs us time and money to try and work around this issue!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a problem. Makes masks much less precise, unsure why the option would have been removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still an issue! This is driving me insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprised there aren't more votes on this. If you're trying to adjust a mask on a screen-capture video, or move some other object, 1-pixel accuracy is very important! Very frustrating to be trying to make a precise adjustment, only to be suddenly moved away from your edit point on the timeline.

After Effects still lets you move mask handles and other objects with the arrow keys, so sometimes I have to do more precise edits in that app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the arrow key feature is back, thank you Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is back indeed! Thanks Adobe! Just finished a video with a lot of masking and it helped immensely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, masks in general are atrocious in Premiere. Adobe, make them like they are in After Effects please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @DaveRizzWork ,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan 

The arrow key issue seems to be fixed, but it's now next to impossible to use because we cannot lasso select mask points anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest build should have a fix for that. Can you check it out? Let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHAT A RELIEF - arrow key adjustments are working, and so is lassoing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, seems to be working now -- thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines